Shiny's 2023 52 Thread

Urban (sprawl) fits the theme perfectly
Hollow - nice take on the theme
Solid - your'e not moving that!

Hollow and solid both good shots of interesting subjects, any idea what the strap tied onto the cables is for, thought lightning conductor but too small for that?

Nice angle... reminds me of a skinny AT-AT leg from Star Wars :)

Hollow and solid both good shots of interesting subjects, any idea what the strap tied onto the cables is for, thought lightning conductor but too small for that?

That's exactly what it is. Don't forget, there are several of these cables so quite a lot of copper conductor.

Reactions: nog
Great catchup Martin, I particularly like the Solid shot, it's composed very well with the vertical foreground mirroring the out-of-focus background.

Great catchup Martin, I particularly like the Solid shot, it's composed very well with the vertical foreground mirroring the out-of-focus background.
I quite like that one myself -- which is rare.

Thanks for looking.

Urban - it's the blight of every town. Nicely observed and thought through.

Hollow - love this. Does the far wall exist? Or did the windows just line up?

Solid - you've got to hope they're solid. Another well thought out shot given an unusual perspective.

Last edited:
Solid - I see a pair of robot legs, I'm glad it looks lit it's walking away from me.

Memory and Forgotten. Shame the themes didn't come one after the other but I've put them together anyway -- had to really.

Memory - Tie a knot in it to remember

MemForgotten by Martin Baxter, on Flickr

Now I've forgotten it

MemForgotten-2 by Martin Baxter, on Flickr

Good set of images Martin, love the take on the Memory and Forgotten themes, really creative.

Spooky baby dragon that's been adorning our gatepost for years.

Spooky by Martin Baxter, on Flickr

Wall. Actually taken in October but couldn't resist putting it here.

Wall by Martin Baxter, on Flickr

Nice catch up shots. I love the Wall image... it's quite fascinating.

Love the Captive image - would have been even funnier with some kids on the cars.
Wouldn't that be something, kids trapped on a merry-go-round, that WOULD be funny -- all that vomit!
Nice catch up shots. I love the Wall image... it's quite fascinating.
Seems to be the history of pasty-making in a nutshell.

I know one can get rainbows at any time of the year but in my heart, this is Autumn -- rainbow, showers, windy, cold.

Autumn by Martin Baxter, on Flickr

Nice one Martin :)

Lovely light in that shot Martin.
Just needs a touch of straightening

Arrows

I've already used this in a 52 but further to my post on the chat thread, I'm having to use it again; fits the theme quite well though

Patterns by Martin Baxter, on Flickr

Back