Shoot with Helen

Name
John Larson
Edit My Images
Yes
I was asked if I photograph bigger people, of course I do I said, she was a little shy at 1st but I think she did fantastic and looks shunning. Comments welcome please on Helen and my work.

ModelHelen1021.jpg

ModelHelen1049.jpg

ModelHelen2006.jpg

MoedelHelen3010.jpg

MoedelHelen3012.jpg

Hmmm, tbh, they aren't doing much for me, starting with the backdrops, which are a bit too ott for my tastes - that is a personal thing though.

1 - not sure looking up at her is the most flattering angle, its making her head look small and shoulders enormous, but I do think the pose itself works so perhaps shoot from a higher angle next time.

2 - sorry, looks like a snap shot :( Using animals is tricky but you have to be patient and make it look natural, and that cat looks very unwilling.

3 - getting better [apart from the backdrop] but the lighting is very flat and making her look more moon faced than necessary. Also bra strap not working. key light at more of an angle with perhaps just a little fill in or even a reflector would have been more flattering and given more depth and shape.

4 - better still, but again lighting is a tad flat and the pose looks awkward, too posed if that makes sense

5 - my fav of them, with the major niggle that her specs run across her eyes [and the lighting, backdrop already mentioned].

Hope you don't mind me being so critical, but these could be so much better, though a nice start ;)

I agree with Yv on all points. For bigger model always try to get WAY above them and shot down. also a bit of butterfly lighting would be more flattering that this.

Hmmm, tbh, they aren't doing much for me, starting with the backdrops, which are a bit too ott for my tastes - that is a personal thing though.

1 - not sure looking up at her is the most flattering angle, its making her head look small and shoulders enormous, but I do think the pose itself works so perhaps shoot from a higher angle next time.

2 - sorry, looks like a snap shot :( Using animals is tricky but you have to be patient and make it look natural, and that cat looks very unwilling.

3 - getting better [apart from the backdrop] but the lighting is very flat and making her look more moon faced than necessary. Also bra strap not working. key light at more of an angle with perhaps just a little fill in or even a reflector would have been more flattering and given more depth and shape.

4 - better still, but again lighting is a tad flat and the pose looks awkward, too posed if that makes sense

5 - my fav of them, with the major niggle that her specs run across her eyes [and the lighting, backdrop already mentioned].

Hope you don't mind me being so critical, but these could be so much better, though a nice start ;)

Thank you for you comments, lol the back drops keep coming up not matter what I use :LOL: I will try again with Helen on our next shoot and hopefully do I better job. (y)

Hi

Sorry I agree, the lighting is flat and I really don't like them backdrops.

:shake:Oh my goodness. I am afraid you havent done her any favours at all. These backgrounds belong in eighties tv shows. If she wanted to minimise you have hit her with too much light and made her seem bigger. Its never a good idea to shoot such models side on... sorry but I think they are awful.( And thats not the lady's fault... )

Oh dear not good at all, ok back to the drawing board, Thank you anyway for all the comments. John

I have to agree with all the other comments. If you are going back to the drawing board I would start with the backdrops first one makes her look like a giant stood right in front and the second from Stars in their eyes. Could come in handy if you decide to do custom makeovers though.

You may want to invest a tenner in this book. All about boudoir photography, but concentrates more on the larger lady with plenty of 'minimising' tips. Obviously relates to the thinner models too.

I have no connection with the author or publisher other than I bought the book from them and am happy with it. :)

Lose those backgrounds though ;)

You may want to invest a tenner in this book. All about boudoir photography, but concentrates more on the larger lady with plenty of 'minimising' tips. Obviously relates to the thinner models too.

I have no connection with the author or publisher other than I bought the book from them and am happy with it. :)

Lose those backgrounds though ;)

Thanks for that info on the book, I think it might be well worth it for a tenner (y)

Back