Shooting and Explosions in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Explosions and gunfire, at least eighteen dead, utter madness whoever are to blame

Sky News are reporting 18 dead in multiple shootings and explosions in Paris.

A least 18 people have been killed and several others wounded after a shooting and several explosions in Paris on Friday night.

Witnesses said there were bodies lying on the ground outside a restaurant in the 10th arrondissement, local media reported.

According to those same reports, the gunmen have not been caught.

Elsewhere in the capital, several explosions took place near the Stade de France, where the national football team were playing Germany.

President Francois Hollande was removed from the stadium after the shooting, according to iTele.

http://news.sky.com/story/1587373/paris-shooting-and-blasts-kills-18

CNN report also saying at least 18 dead.

CNN)At least 18 people were killed in shootings in central Paris late Friday, CNN affiliate BFMTV reported.

Police were outside a restaurant in the 10th arrondissement, where the incident occurred.

Lylia Melkonian, a reporter for France 2, told CNN there were three different sites where people were shot. CNN could not immediately confirm the number of places where shots were fired.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/13/w...paris-shooting0931PMStoryLink&linkId=18744687

Last edited:
Unconfirmed reports of hostages in a concert hall

26 is the latest at 10.00.

Any bets on the supposed peaceful religion of the perpetrators?

Sky reporting a hostage situation in the Bataclan concert hall.

Last edited:
60 hostages at the concert hall, band playing were Eagles of Death Metal

26 is the latest at 10.00.

Any bets on the supposed peaceful religion of the perpetrators?

What is the point in that post? I'm more interested in learning the facts rather than being subjected to your anti-Islam tripe. I am an atheist and can see that the violent crackpots of any religion don't represent the whole.

What is the point in that post? I'm more interested in learning the facts rather than being subjected to your anti-Islam tripe. I am an atheist and can see that the violent crackpots of any religion don't represent the whole.
How is that anti-islam?
I'm as atheist as the next man...

Sky News now saying the police are reporting death toll is now at least 30.

BBC report:

'Masked men firing'
Posted at 21:59

The France 24 network has interviewed a witness to a shooting outside the restaurant, Anne-Sophie.

“Everyone was outside on the terrace of the restaurant when all of a sudden we saw these masked men start firing in all directions. It felt like it lasted a long time.”

She said there was “an enormous amount of injured”.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-34815972

Paris is really bearing the brunt of these nutters actions recently

Last edited:
AP report saying 100 hostages being held in the Bataclan, French TV are now reporting 40 dead.

these pillocks are to islam what the KKK or Christian Identity are to christianity

I agree. Looks like someone was upset at recent happenings in the Middle East, though it must have been planned for some time.
Other someones in the security services have not kept ahead of developments.

Edit: I have some very close friends who are Muslim, so no. I am not anti-muslim.

Last edited:
Sky report at least one was a suicide bomber, he detonated himself near the Stade de France.

From the BBC

Attackers at Bataclan venue 'spoke of Syria'
Posted at 22:13

French journalist Erwan Desplanques says a friend who was able to escape from the Bataclan concert venue has told him there were five or six gunmen there and they mentioned Syria during their attack. Bodies were seen lying on the ground.

There were several gunshots over five minutes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-34815972

Nice to see a West Wing quote again.

Reports of another attack on a shopping mall.

Death toll now up to 60 as reported on the French channel running on Sky,

Being reported that France is closing its borders.

Local reporter said up to 6 different locations have been under attack.

Awaits with interest a statement from the leader of Her Majesty's Opposition.

Reactions: BBR
Agence France-Presse

#BREAKING Police storm Paris concert hall where hostages held

Jihadi ISIS refugees hard at work. Syria is being cleaned up by Mr Putin so they ran away to EU and brought the civil war with them. How will we ever clean this up?

French TV reporting theatre hostage situation is over, 2 terrorists killed.

Religion is the root cause of all the trouble in the world. Always has been and always will be.

Not too sure I agree with this.

If religion didn't exist the hate filled of this world would just invent something else to use as justification. Do we put the milk in before the tea or after? Jihadi...

Not too sure I agree with this.

If religion didn't exist the hate filled of this world might just invent something else to use as justification. Do we put the milk in before the tea or after? Jihadi...

FTFY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back