Shooting Delta 3200

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
I picked up a roll of Delta 3200, confusing it with a film I used to really love (which it turns out is Fuji Neopan 1600 and no longer made).

I'm wondering if anyone has had good results from this film, and what they did to achieve it? I'm thinking of setting my camera to around 1000-1600 to overexpose, and developing it at 3200. Hoping there will be enough contrast if I do so.

I currently have a roll in my Olympus XA3.

I'm exposing it at 1600 and I'm going to develop it as 1600.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I've only shot a couple of rolls of it myself. Interestingly, Ilford do not claim that 3200 is it's normal speed. The datasheet says "Delta 3200 has an ISO speed rating of ISO1000"

So rating it at 1600 is not actually overexposing it, it's just rating it towards the bottom of the range at which push processing is necessary to compensate for underexposure.

The data sheet is here - https://www.ilfordphoto.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/1872/product_id/682/

I’ve shot it a few times in 35mm and 120.
Metered for 1000-1200, develop as normal. Results in 120 are, IMO, beautiful.

Some good info here, thanks for the advice.

Results in 120 are, IMO, beautiful.
Funnily enough, I just found some 120 shots with this film that I took back in 2010 and completely forgot about! (sorry guys! :facepalm:) Have no idea how I metered or developed them at that time, but you're right, the results are lovely as the grain is a lot less noticeable at that size (will be 35mm this time though).

4840399750_c37754e081.jpg

Stunning. Looks great looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

I’ve shot it a few times in 35mm and 120.
Metered for 1000-1200, develop as normal. Results in 120 are, IMO, beautiful.
This ^

I think its important to note the format, I've not shot a lot of 35 but what I have is a bit gritty for my taste, its nothing like as offensive as HP5 but still not my thing.
120 however is sweet, haven't shot it for ages but my go to dev has changed since then to Xtol, so it might be worth revisiting..:)

Back