Shooting in the dark

Was the second shot a time lapse? Great shot

I think it was a stack of images from around 30mins, disappointed to have missed the pole star. Most of the evening was lost with lenses frosting over, given it was around -11 degrees!

nice shots! how ddi you achieve the one with the moon ?
Thanks but it was the sun during the partial eclipse earlier in the year. Taken using a mylar filter and shot at (fairly) regular intervals.

Here's a pic of the filter and how I attached it to my 400mm.

11008613_10152878417942772_4533173496210610392_n.jpg

Last edited:
I like the second one as I generally enjoy star trails with a decent foreground interest (the bit that is always missing from my star trails due to being too idle to travel to somewhere), but for me it would look better without the small cluster of lights on the horizon. The first one is good, a nice colourful subject, the eclipse one is great though.

Thanks but it was the sun during the partial eclipse earlier in the year. Taken using a mylar filter and shot at (fairly) regular intervals.

Ahh nice! i thought it was the moon just bright lol!! looks epic tho mate!! my new camera should be here today!! fingers crossed! then my fiancee is having my old one to start learning shes pretty lucky and haves a good eye for detail with shots!

Ta. Enjoy the new camera and good luck to your fiancé starting out. Look forward to seeing some of both your work on here.

Back