Beginner Shooting Raw with colour profiles and keeping the profile in lightroom?

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, its been a while since I ever had to post anything on here. I've been shooting in Raw for the last 7 years or so and never had a need to keep what I see in camera.

I've bought an olympus Pen F as a little point and shoot fun camera to take around and quite like the black and white mode that it can shoot. However, when I bring the images into Lightroom they reset to the basic colour profile.
I get that if I shoot JPG then this one happen but is there a way to set lightroom to not change the settings back to basic and keep those black and white profiles that the camera gives me?

Interesting stuff, I've changed the profile under camera calibration in LR which does something similar. Not sure how accurate it is without some tests.

Loving the Pen-F though,. fun times.

Surely the simple option is to shoot Raw + JPEG, then if you need to make proper changes to the raw file you can then add a B&W preset later. But if the JPEG will do, you're sorted.

I'm struggling to understand why you'd want a Raw file when you're happy with the camera processing though.

I don't know the camera but if it will shoot RAW and jpg just do as Phil says and shoot both.
If its anything like my Fuji if I set it to shoot any of the simulation modes ( BW etc) and shoot raw+jpg I get a coloured Raw file and a simulated jpg

Shoot JPG and raw and for those files that need extra manipulation you can use Olympus Viewer which can apply the JPG settings to the raw file.

Sadly there isn't another way of getting the proper Oly colours.

Back