Shooting Sports Vertical(Portrait) or Horizontal(Landscape)?

• Thread starter paul cull-pearce
  • Start date
P

paul cull-pearce

Hi Folks,

I am just curious how many photographers on the forum who take sport photography shoot Vertical (Portrait) or Horizontal (Landscape) ?

I would say 70% of the photographers who shoot sport photography is shooting vertical. What do you think ?

I know most of my photos are taken vertical, but it depends on the sport.

Thanks,

Paul

I prefer to shoot portrait but have often missed the shot.

I only do motorsport, which is all landscape. I'm going to try out horseracing, as well. I expect that'll be landscape.

I try a few slightly different angles every now and then but nothing particularly special.

Thumbnails.

CSC_3291.jpg

CSC_3368.jpg

My rugby ones are mainly landscape with a couple of portrait for lineouts

bit of a mixture but mainly portrait for motocross, landscape for cars, mixed for equine.

I shoot rallying and do a mixture, I prefer portrait though.

_MG_3982.jpg

_MG_3014_5.jpg

I did try portrait for a few of my rugby shots other than the line outs but kept hitting people with the monopod :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I tend to shoot a lot more in portrait than landscape for rugby, running and football.

Equestrian is about equal between the two.

My running shots tend to be portrait but others are normally landscape so 50-50 for me.

2269351069_41ca531833_o.jpg

2204508676_b2161a071e.jpg

I did try portrait for a few of my rugby shots other than the line outs but kept hitting people with the monopod :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

hahahaha :)

I do 90% landscape.. far more keepers and I don't mind cropping to portrait. still good enough cropped.

hahahaha :)

I do 90% landscape.. far more keepers and I don't mind cropping to portrait. still good enough cropped.

Need to invest in a fast release head thing :LOL:

For supermoto, mainly landscape but some portrait. Marathons were mainly portrait. Powerboat racing landscape unless getting close to the turnbouy/boat then portrait.

Carl.

Back