Shooting Tethered Question???

Edit My Images
Yes
I wish to shoot tethered while doing some coin photography to be able to check the focus better on a larger screen.

I am using a Canon 50D couple with a Lenovo Tab4 10 plus and a standard 1m cable....I down loaded DSLR Controller and I am getting the hang of it...

At the moment, the images are not being saved on the Tablet for some reason, which I think is probably a setting or because I am shooting Raw....However, it still seems to take about 8 to 10 seconds to take each shot and for it to be saved on the camera...Shooting normally, the images are saved as you would expect...

Is this delay normal for shooting tethered and if not, what's likely to be the cause?

Last edited:
I don't know about your camera or tablets, but if you're using Lightroom the delay is normal - it just isn't good enough for tethering IMO.

I use Capture One when tethering and it is much, much faster (almost instant) - it saves the images to the laptop I'm running it on and displays the image on a huge monitor.

Thanks for that..although I have been dipping my toe in and out of photography for years, I consider myself very much a beginner, and it's the software and post processing side of things that's really alien to me...

Edited to add, Just checked the price on Capture One and can't really justify that at the present time...But thanks for the recommendation...

Last edited:
I used film for forty years before changing to a digital SLR about eight years ago, so still new to me really too.

I used digital compacts long before then (mid-nineties), but only really used a program called ACDsee for editing and cataloguing - still do.

YouTube has a lot of useful videos, but do ask on here for recommendations because there's a lot of crap too.

Back