Shooting Wabbits

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Took a pic of our carrot junkie YoYo, not that he was willing to sit still.

I'm sorry but my first impression is that it doesn't look friendly, there's almost a sinister feel to it. I think the b&w conversion may be too harsh or the detail is too sharp? What does the original look like?

The same but in colour lol I dont have the original now, I got rid once Id converted it. Funny I only ever seem to get negative comments on here and good else where. Im waiting for someone to say when I took the picture the wind was blowing in the wrong direction or your pic is OK but you shouldnt of shot when there was a full moon lol
Dont get me wrong this pic isnt what Id say was good either. I was just sharing a pic of a pet but it would be nice to be a member of a photography forum and it not always be a negative experience when you post up a pic.

The same but in colour lol I dont have the original now, I got rid once Id converted it. Funny I only ever seem to get negative comments on here and good else where. Im waiting for someone to say when I took the picture the wind was blowing in the wrong direction or your pic is OK but you shouldnt of shot when there was a full moon lol
Dont get me wrong this pic isnt what Id say was good either. I was just sharing a pic of a pet but it would be nice to be a member of a photography forum and it not always be a negative experience when you post up a pic.

I guess you need to think what you want from the market you are playing to. Thus, if you just want to share your pics to lots of ooohs and awwws, it might not be a photography forum. Maybe send to friends and family? If you want criticism as to the technique used to take or process your photo, then maybe a photography forum is spot on. Not that I personally consider "it doesnt look friendly" to be the best advice and given my own personal view that many who offer advice do tend to come across as more than a little pretentious at times, if you yourself are saying it's not a great photo, I do wonder what you were looking for when you posted it.

As for sinister rabbits, no-one seen the holy grail? Now that was sinister...

Thanks for the comments. Your probably right I guess in general I post pics to see what people think of it but with this one it was more just a quick shot of a family pet so a photography forum probably wasnt the place for it.

'that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! Its a killer!'

If it is the rabbit from The Holy Grail then check to see if he has 'big, pointy, teef!'

sorry for that, nice shot by the way

I was thinking more Watership Down...lol

I appreciate it can be difficult if you only get negative crit, I would love to say otherwise but it wouldn't be my honest opinion - doesn't mean I'm right though :LOL:

Should be easy enough to do another shoot? It may not even be the b&w but more the sharpness that doing it for me and the dark background. Rabbits to me should be fluffy and soft. Here's one at a similar angle. See how soft it looks and it's a nice bright scene.

I'm very keen to see it redone in colour and a little softer, I'm sure it would work :)

bigeyedbunny.jpg

CREDIT: http://www.thedailycute.com

The same but in colour lol I dont have the original now, I got rid once Id converted it. Funny I only ever seem to get negative comments on here and good else where. Im waiting for someone to say when I took the picture the wind was blowing in the wrong direction or your pic is OK but you shouldnt of shot when there was a full moon lol...

perhaps post it here next time then:
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67

and if you post a topic titled "shooting rabbits" you're only getting peoples hopes up to see something slightly more morbid (and awesome).

I really like it, his eyes look lovely :)

Back