Shopping...

Be interested to see how that lappy performs, just upgraded to a core2duo for the desktop, seems pretty decent.

We have the HP Compaq computers for our new workstations here and they support 4Gig of RAM, which both mine and the Video cameraman's have - 4Gig!!!

Remember when 125meg was a lot...

They're not Core duo though - I was waiting for these to drop in price a bit when I saw this Pavilion model in Currys - went onto the HP site and there's a better-spec model for the same money online... can't be bad.

Mmmmm, Comes loaded with Vista, I didnt know that was the released platform yet. I thought it was still a Beta edition..:shrug:

I thought XP was still the norm with new computers as yet..:thinking:

Looks a good PC though..(y)

I have the desktop version of that lappy with 2X300 gig drives. Pretty chuffed with it so far. :)

Have a good backup regime for that external drive, all of the external drives I've ever experienced fail at one point or another and usually sooner rather than later

Mmmmm, Comes loaded with Vista, I didnt know that was the released platform yet. I thought it was still a Beta edition..:shrug:

I thought XP was still the norm with new computers as yet..:thinking:

Looks a good PC though..(y)

It's VISTA-capable but will be shipped with XP-Pro when it comes in after Xmas - not quite available just yet, though the lower-specced ones are available right now.

And any new laptops/PCs bought with WinXP on them from now on will come with a voucher to get a discount on Vista ;)

How much did that laptop set you back Arkady? I'm after one myself.

Matt

£1147 inc VAT bought online from the HP site - you have to 'ring for price on that one, but others are available right now.

Broke again now - just bought a twin stainless 'Zorst for the Cougar as well...

a twin stainless 'Zorst for the Cougar as well...

Sounds like something you should put cream on! reminds me though I need a new exhaust part for my Rover 214 it sounds a bit too macho atmo :)

Yep, mine was £700 delivered inc. bag and mouse.

I picked up my new HP DV9050ea on Friday evening, £1299, its gorgeous.

It can play games released last week at full spec with 4xaa, I'm well impressed, I've never had a PC this highly specced.

Thats my Christmas pressie from Sue sorted out anyway :D

Going to let my desktop fold up and die (well, it'll last a few years yet, just wont be any good for gaming, but it'll do for downloads and things)

Back