Short break on the Gower

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Second one is good, but a deserted beach? Was this taken from the coffee shop terrace?

I was down there a few weeks ago and for info, the Farmhouse on Rhossili beach area is where John Barrowman filmed the Torchwood series, not that I have watched it, my wife informed me.

I took the below shot at my first go at land/seascapes set. Hope you dont mind me posting a closer pic of the farmhouse Rory. I will remove if you want me to.

I was using my 70-300 and 50 mm lenses and the people on beach where like specs then, no chance of seeing them on 12mm lens I would of thought.

Thanks. No the beach is not deserted . It is taken at 12mm on a full frame. There are a few specs in the sand which are people.

It was taken on one of the cliff edges just off the path to Worms head.

Rhossili Farm House. Gower by Simon Rees, on Flickr

I also took a few shots of the farmhouse using a 70-200. Sadly the light was worse than earlier and I will not be posting. Lovely location however a bit far south for another trip :). We stayed at the Fairyhill for a couple of nights. Lovely spot and the food.....Nom Nom :)

I also took a few shots of the farmhouse using a 70-200. Sadly the light was worse than earlier and I will not be posting. Lovely location however a bit far south for another trip :). We stayed at the Fairyhill for a couple of nights. Lovely spot and the food.....Nom Nom :)

The Fairyhill is supposed to be a nice hotel, with a very good food reputation. I have decided to spend some more time on the Gower this year, to try a little more land-sea scape photogrpahy. With it being on my doorstep I don't sometimes appreciate whats down there.

Very attractive colouring/shading in the first photo so I'm torn between that and the beach which is very appealing due to the symmetry .Why do we feel we have to choose ?.lol. For years I pondered whether it was Mozart's Requiem or Brahms I liked best….now I don't think about it as they're both superb.

Do you have the software to straighten up the pier because it's also a nice photo.The result of being close with an ultra wide angle lens which I assume was the 12mm you used for the beach.

Very attractive colouring/shading in the first photo so I'm torn between that and the beach which is very appealing due to the symmetry .Why do we feel we have to choose ?.lol. For years I pondered whether it was Mozart's Requiem or Brahms I liked best….now I don't think about it as they're both superb.

Do you have the software to straighten up the pier because it's also a nice photo.The result of being close with an ultra wide angle lens which I assume was the 12mm you used for the beach.
Thanks. If I straightened the pier the horizon would be off. The effect is as a result of me having the camera facing slightly down from my vantage point.

ps

for the pier shot I used the 24-105 at 24mm

Last edited:
Yes.. of course. There's always a trade off with that isn't there.

Back