Short Eared Owl

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
After 5 trips out to photograph short eared owls and with a bit of help from Pebbles9x (Clare) I finally managed a few shots,alright a bird on a post,but what a bird.Love the colours in this shot, WDYT.Now to sort out some flight shots. C/C as always,thanks for looking

seo-sharpened.jpg

I actually like having the bird on a post, don't get me wrong I love inflight shots with owls but this is such a typical pose that it just feels right if you know what I mean. I also like the fact that the owl isn't looking straight into the camera and that you can see the ear tufts (something not always seen with short eared owls).

What a lovely photo. I'm very new to photography so can I ask.....which lens did you use for this.

Fantastic pic in my opinion where did you get it Brian, never been lucky enough to see one of these and if they are in the doncaster area will put some effort in.

JD

Beautiful image Brian :)
I like to see them on a post, you should be very pleased with this shot :)
Isn't it an amazing expeirience with the owls flying so close, I just love them :):)

What a lovely photo. I'm very new to photography so can I ask.....which lens did you use for this.
It was a 500mm lens Christian
Beautiful image Brian :)
I like to see them on a post, you should be very pleased with this shot :)
Isn't it an amazing expeirience with the owls flying so close, I just love them :):)

It really is a sight to see Clare,one flew that close I could have done with a smaller lens :LOL:

Back