Short eared owl

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Any idea where near to South East London where is a good place to photograph these? Also when (both time of day and year)?

I'm not sure people would share this on the forum for worry of attracting the wrong attention to these beautiful birds. I think these forums are crawled by google, and those who want a stuffed bird might see the information too. :(

I'm not sure people would share this on the forum for worry of attracting the wrong attention to these beautiful birds. I think these forums are crawled by google, and those who want a stuffed bird might see the information too. :(
That isn't my reason honest - see my postings. Do you think that it is a real problem? I could understand if I were to ask about badgers but owls?

Dave ,if you travel a bit you might find some at the cotswold water parks, they seem to come in ,well the migrants around oct and stay maybe as late as may,a bit earlier to head back is usual. They have been reported at this site for the last few years,although I haven't yet caught up with any at this location ,so sadly from there it's over too you to do some research. On a good day they are an amazing subject to just watch let alone make images off def worth the effort if you get lucky you'll remember the experience for life !! Trust me i've spent hours hoping for that chance again always in vein sadly ,but here's hoping

Wez, Gill might have something,we saw a few issues caused by togs at a localish spot which I have taken to not mentioning now, to others, and not shared here. Yeah sure bro, I don't really feel anyone is going to shoot them,but many of us saw enough to keep stum moving forwards.

That is pretty sad really mate but it's the way of the world ,lots of folks think all game keepers are bad,but they aren't no more than all photographers are good. In all walks of life there are always a few bad eggs to tarnish all. I feel it's just that bit harder when the bad things are caused by guys whom do what we have choosen as our passion

sad old world gotta get the shot huh !!

ere' merry chimbo buddy:D

stu

Back