Short Eared Owls

I'm liking the second one a lot, i love the still body and the small amount of motion blur on the wings, the intense concentration in the eye, i can almost be there.
The first one is a record shot really and i would bin it if i had a shot like the second but thats just me,
Well done and thanks for sharing
Atb
Cliff

I'm liking the second one a lot, i love the still body and the small amount of motion blur on the wings, the intense concentration in the eye, i can almost be there.
The first one is a record shot really and i would bin it if i had a shot like the second but thats just me,
Well done and thanks for sharing
Atb
Cliff

Thanks Cliff

I rather like the first one - A bird in its environment and all that - ! have added another that you might prefer

btw I have just had a look at your waxwings on Flickr

Best Regards

Mike

Last edited:
Think you need your sensor cleaning in the 1st shot - lol!
2nd and 3rd are superb images. Sharp and the background just diffused enough to show us the environment, without distracting from the main subject.

Need to correct spelling in main title "shot"

Last edited:
Thanks Cliff

I rather like the first one - A bird in its environment ad all that - ! have added another that yo might prefer

btw I have just had a look at your waxwings on Flickr

Best Regards

Mike

Very nice Mike, i see your point with the first, the second remains my favourite and as for my waxwings i think your owls are different class ;)

A lovely set I like the first one something different I certainly wouldn t have binned it

I would always take the advice of Kaz over mine (y)

Atb
Cliff

Think you need your sensor cleaning in the 1st shot - lol!
2nd and 3rd are superb images. Sharp and the background just diffused enough to show us the environment, without distracting from the main subject.

Need to correct spelling in main title "shot"

Thanks Derek Now corrected - And thanks for your kind words

My brain goes faster than my fingers

Regards

Mike

I like those a lot mate (y) i haven't had that much luck with them so far this year.
Regards
Richard

lovely shots are they recent

any details to share?

thanks john

Back