Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
one i got yesterday .
Rob.
short-1-2.jpg

What a cracking shot thats my kind of photo yours gwh

please tell me that the owl is stuffed and you set that shot up ..........

that's it might give up now trying a both find an owl and getting a decent shot

superb pic lovely lighting and detail

On the 1st viewing I thought it an awesome shot ...but on returning I still think Oly is great but the b/g is a bit noisy and detracts from the Owl a bit.
Don't know the camera/lens /settings to see why this is.

Just ran the blur tool around the big areas to see if it lookedany better.

Keith (y)
short-1-2.jpg

Thanks for comments
Keith i think it does look better /smoother i never thought of the blur tool for it.
Thanks

Rob.

:agree: :plus1:

I only wish we had some of these about locally. I only ever see a SEO when I'm up a hillside - nothing low down about here. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough though, because I hear owls from my back garden.:bonk:

Very nice (y) Managed to get the most out of the little bit of remaining light.

Absolute belter imvho :clap::clap:

Thanks again for comments.
A few details on the shot it was taken with a 7d500f4isL+1.4tc 1/1600 f5.6 iso 200.
it was the last bit of light and i was setup for BIF this owl had been flying about but was always to far away then it started to come closer and i was trying to get on it as it aproched a sea defence bank .
I then lost sight of it and thinking it had gone over the bank i went up a small slope to see only to find it had landed on the post with the sun just catching it. i managed sevral shots .
Rob.

What a gorgeous image . Everything about the image works , composition ,the lovely light ,great subject and the long grass shows the envoirment :clap:

Superb light on a fantastic bird, can't ask for more than that and the long grass sets it off nicely (y)

Back