Beginner Shot a Archery Comp, tested my new 70/300 VR Nikon Lens (Pics)

Name
Damen
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot a archery comp, really enjoyed it, loved catching a mid flight arrow, these things go at some speed.

tested my new Nikon 70/300 vr lens, great lens I love it. Other lens used was my 35mm 1.8g prime lens.

archery 2 (1 of 1) by damen ford, on Flickr

archery 1 (1 of 1) by damen ford, on Flickr

archery 7 (1 of 1) by damen ford, on Flickr

archery 18 (1 of 1) by damen ford, on Flickr

archery 8 (1 of 1) by damen ford, on Flickr

archery 11 (1 of 1) by damen ford, on Flickr

archery 16 (1 of 1) by damen ford, on Flickr

Last edited:
I am truly shocked they let you stand in front of the shooting line, my club would never have allowed that.
Matt

nice vivid colours
Which just goes to prove that one mans 'vivid colours' is another mans 'overprocessed'

The first and the last are OK shots, the rest are too busy.

I struggle with archery comps live because there's often too many competitors to get clean compositions, but you can find some if you try.

The other thing to look for is looking for reaction shots which enable a little subject isolation.

Thanks guys, they had a safe zone i could go in which was pretty close then once they called it safe i cud then go up the field with them.

Cheers phil, they sre mainly edited that way as i personally like alot of vivid colours etc the raw files are ok with minor tweeks maybe needed.

I still need to catch up with you my wife is ready to give birth to our first so when shes gone through that ill be in touch, photography is on hold for a few weeks.

Thanks guys, they had a safe zone i could go in which was pretty close then once they called it safe i cud then go up the field with them.
Really, safe, in front of the shooting line? I was in competition one year and the guy next to me loosed his arrow, somehow it didnt fly straight, in fact it wizzed past my ear and went over my shoulder behind the line, which is why I am surprised but hey ho.
As for the photos, I looked at them on my tablet this morning and tonight on my laptop, and tbh I like them a lot including the vivid colours! :)
I think you have done well, it isnt exactly a spectator sport is it. I enjoyed it as a competitor though, had to give up due to a knackered shoulder.
Congrats on the baby too, I'm sure you'll take lots of photos and they make wonderful memories later on.
Matt

Really, safe, in front of the shooting line? I was in competition one year and the guy next to me loosed his arrow, somehow it didnt fly straight, in fact it wizzed past my ear and went over my shoulder behind the line, which is why I am surprised but hey ho.
As for the photos, I looked at them on my tablet this morning and tonight on my laptop, and tbh I like them a lot including the vivid colours! :)
I think you have done well, it isnt exactly a spectator sport is it. I enjoyed it as a competitor though, had to give up due to a knackered shoulder.
Congrats on the baby too, I'm sure you'll take lots of photos and they make wonderful memories later on.
Matt

Cheers Matt :)

No deffo not a spectator sport but i can see the addiction to it. They had like a tape round but i know what you mean it is pretty close for arrows to be honest lol

It was pretty difficult also as there was no way of "set up shots", the boss (dont know what you call the guy) would not allow anyone to stop or freeze any motions for me to photograph so had to get what was best.

Cheers :) i cant wait, got lots of shots lined up for the new born i cant wait

Last edited:
Back