Shot with Sony Z3

Name
Fuglstad
Edit My Images
No
So I'm usually not a huge fan of cellphone shots. I think they're dull and not "good enough" for anything else than Instagram and Snapchat.
Well I was out riding my bike in the woods the other day and took this shot.
I am actually fairly happy with this. And all post processing was done on the phone as well.
Only adjusted levels and colours. C&C are welcome!

Out on the trails
by TordFuglstad, on Flickr

great shot mate!!

and tbh i understand where your coming from nothing will beat a DSLR but i can show u some stuff ive managed to catch on my phone over the last few years and how they got better as the phones got better just takes a little longer to catch a good shot on the phone like you have here :) keep playing ur be amazed at some shots :)

What resolution did you shoot at? I think the camera defaults to 8mp images, where the camera can actually take 20mp images.

Set Manual mode. Then the menu in the top left let's you choose a resolution.

I'm not saying the results will be better. Just that, as a photographer, you might want to give it a try.

Last edited:
Thats pretty impressive for a phone camera capture and nice editing. How do you manage to get the reasonably shallow depth of field? Macro mode?

What resolution did you shoot at? I think the camera defaults to 8mp images, where the camera can actually take 20mp images.

Set Manual mode. Then the menu in the top left let's you choose a resolution.

I'm not saying the results will be better. Just that, as a photographer, you might want to give it a try.

I did not know that it was set to 8mpg standard. Thanks for that tip, will use that

I also installed Open Camera to see if I could control the settings better. It doesn't offer much more. Has anyone found a nerdy camera to install for the likes of us photographers?

Every now and then phones can surprise. I went up to Maenofferen a year ago with a film camera and my phone, when the film ran out I carried on with my phone. I have still not developed the film but the phone shots were great!

Back