Shots behind the goal!

I havent got a third body yet so going to use it sparingly just to see how I get on with it... needs to be when accy are attacking the one goal wiht room behind it... will mean me using that and the 135 only.. am deffo prepared for a massivly stupid keeper rate.. if any... but the concept is.. the one good one will be a killer pic :)

thinking 40d for the third body... 1dmkII gonna be too expensive.. wanna keep below 500

Got a spare 1D MkI if you want to keep it cheap Tony.

Got a spare 1D MkI if you want to keep it cheap Tony.

As much as I love the pics from a mk1 (Best I ahve ever seen to date for colours) I need the mega pixels to make up for noise and OOF shots.. these can be saved with more pixels..

As much as I love the pics from a mk1 (Best I ahve ever seen to date for colours) I need the mega pixels to make up for noise and OOF shots.. these can be saved with more pixels..

I'm using my 30D at the moment, and actually have no plans to change that...it'll be the mkII that makes way for a mkIV after xmas I think.

Should still be some around for peanuts! Ffordes had a few a week or so ago.

I ahve the gear but havent tried it out yet... if i go this route i will almost deffo buy a used 40d

I ahve the gear but havent tried it out yet... if i go this route i will almost deffo buy a used 40d

Telling you tony...30D is the way forward £300 from either Ffordes, Mifsuds or MPB.

Is it worth setting up at a night game?

I am at Arsenal tonight thinking of giving it a go. if not i'll wait until the weekend.

Is it worth setting up at a night game?

I am at Arsenal tonight thinking of giving it a go. if not i'll wait until the weekend.

I would for sure, nice consistent lighting especially at the Emirates

Only reason i didnt last night is cos it was a bit damp :D

A little tip for you guys,

if you can get a hold of a Barbour hood (the type that fits the wax jacket) it has a integral wire around the front of the hood that you can adjust to fit around the whole setup leaving only the front of the lens exposed.

1/ it's waterproof

2/ fits any size camera

3/ it's green so blends in with the grass

4/ it's cheap

How did you deal with firing it with the little hand held trigger and also following the action with your other body? Not enough hands?

I read some where that some guys use a foot pedal which they have made themselves.

How did you deal with firing it with the little hand held trigger and also following the action with your other body? Not enough hands?

I read some where that some guys use a foot pedal which they have made themselves.

the trigger fits onto the hotshoe of the 2nd body :)

i know The_Bionic_Dan uses a foot pedal instead but not sure where he got it from

I've played with this myself.

Because the RF-602 can be used to trigger flashes, or a remote camera with the cable, I've set one up static whilst I've walked around with the trigger on the flashgun mount on my other camera. Effectively you shoot from two angles all the time, but just throw away the shots you don't want from the static camera.

I had a go at this for the Arsenal game. The technology worked well but my positioning/focus wasnt great (didnt help there were about 10 other cameras behind the goal) hopefully get some more success this weekend

Back