Should I inflate my credit card bill further...

Edit My Images
No
....with the purchase of the Sigma 10-20mm lens for my D70 :eyesup:

decisions, decisions!

Depends.

Do you really need it?
Will it be an investment? (i.e. is it ever going to pay for itself)

If you don't need it, I wouldn't.
If you do, then fine.

Or you can completely ignore me. :naughty:

If you need it/going to get enjoyment out of it then go for it.

Do you find you need to shoot that wide?.

P-E said:
If you need it/going to get enjoyment out of it then go for it.

Do you find you need to shoot that wide?.

..I like to take shots of nice big buildings and architecture, on my recent attempt I found I could get the result I wanted with the stock 18mm lens!

I also like to shoot wide..........well let us know if the credit card comes out ;)

See, with Canon L glass you know that you can sell it for nearly the same you paid for it, so it's not really a problem if you don't like it later. With other stuff it will depreciate so you need to make sure you're going to get decent use out of it.

P-E said:
I also like to shoot wide..........well let us know if the credit card comes out ;)

...ssshh evil voices lol... I must not! :LOL:

..cheapest Ive found it is warehouse express at 330 notes.

DavidUK said:
...ssshh evil voices lol... I must not! :LOL:

..cheapest Ive found it is warehouse express at 330 notes.
or from Onestop Digital for £292.99 ?

I would have probably got the 10-20 had it been available at the time I bought mine.

FYI the Sigma 10-20 won a 6 lens test in one of the camera mags a month or two ago, beating off the Tamron equivalent, the 12-24 and also the Canon 10-22 among others...

Camerabox will do one for £323 delivered, still £30 more expensive than onestop though cheaper than warehouse express.

evilowl said:
or from Onestop Digital for £292.99 ?

I would have probably got the 10-20 had it been available at the time I bought mine.

FYI the Sigma 10-20 won a 6 lens test in one of the camera mags a month or two ago, beating off the Tamron equivalent, the 12-24 and also the Canon 10-22 among others...

..sounds good, haven't really seen any reviews of it yet... I'm beginning to weaken!

You do know of course that even by asking the question the decision is made ;) Now all you need is some obscure reason to justify it :D

Back