Beginner Should I purchase a Nikon D90 on eBay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been through a long list of Nikon bodies over the years ,and knowing your financial restraints .. you have been given sound advice re doing video on your phone …. Whether you listen or not is entirely up to you Richard .. if for any reason and based on actual I.q quality and handling experience and 2020 prices the two cameras I would investigate further that will give you a mega leap forward are either the Nikon D300s or the canon 1Dmkiii both are just below pro level bodies and are for you a quantum leap forward
I have a birthday coming up in 2 months, I might have a look around then.

Plus I start my new job soon, got the second induction/training session on Zoom next week.

Congratulations on the job - spend time learning how to do that well, then worry about learning how to use a relatively uncomplicated camera afterwards.

Get yourself a D700. It was a revelation when it came out. Miles ahead of the D90 or D300. Plenty of sensibly priced lenses available used on eBay together with a used D700. Try a Nikon 35-70 2.8. Beautiful metal lens for peanuts. I now have a Canon R5 but I miss those fabulous Nikon older metal lenses…

Get yourself a D700. It was a revelation when it came out. Miles ahead of the D90 or D300. Plenty of sensibly priced lenses available used on eBay together with a used D700. Try a Nikon 35-70 2.8. Beautiful metal lens for peanuts. I now have a Canon R5 but I miss those fabulous Nikon older metal lenses…

Possibly you should read the thread before commenting, but welcome to TP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back