Should shops be allowed to open on Boxing Day?

Should shops be allowed to open on Boxing Day?

• Yes

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters
I don't think you can hardly say the Tories have a terrible record... unless I have missed the rebuilding of the workhouses.

Give it a couple of years, a crumbling post-Brexit economy and workhouses appearing in the UKIP manifesto, and I'm sure the Tories will be chomping at the bit to build some!

He's got a bit big for the chimneys so we sent him to a farm until he can go down t'pit ;)
Sounds fair enough, I'll just have to look around for someone a bit closer :D

in this day and age due to only having to give four weeks holiday a year including bank holidays
I wish I only had 4 weeks including bank holidays. Trying to waste away the number of days I get, seems to get harder and harder each year. I still have 4 days to carry over into 2017 and that doesn't include the 8 days I get off over xmas.

Don't have a problem with it personally. If you don't want to go out shopping, don't go out shopping.

Sure the big retailers may not see much impact from a shopping ban but think of the smaller retailers who benefit from all of that footfall. At the end of the day if the shops were shut cash would still end up in the big retailers online stores anyway.
Agreed. Just a bit of nonsense for people to get worked up over.

I think everyone should be made to work Boxing Day, office staff, retail, the lot. Just a normal working day.

Then the sales would be a lot quieter and I wouldn't have to fight my way through the crowds.

Back