Shout out for Park Cameras.

Edit My Images
No
Bought a grip from Park for my 7D MKII and it arrived a couple of days later. In the official Canon box was the grip and tray, AA battery tray, Canon bag and Canon paperwork. So when I tried to put it on the camera it just didn't feel right, I couldn't get it to fit properly and I noticed some wearing on the lettering. On closer inspection there was no Canon logo or serial number on it. = cheap knockoff.

Contacted Park on Twitter and within 30 mins I had a full refund, £20 of gift vouchers and asked to dispose of the grip if it was of no use to me (which I duly did but kept the box and bits just inase I found one without).

Decent customer service I thought, unlike Ebay who have been giving me the runaround for nearly 2 weeks re £600 on a refund for somethingbI returned not as described.

Last edited:
Bought a grip from Park for my 7D MKII and it arrived a couple of days later. In the official Canon box was the grip and tray, AA battery tray, Canon bag and Canon paperwork. So when I tried to put it on the camera it just didn't feel right, I couldn't get it to fit properly and I noticed some wearing on the lettering. On closer inspection there was no Canon logo or serial number on it. = cheap knockoff.

Contacted Park on Twitter and within 30 mins I had a full refund, £20 of gift vouchers and asked to dispose of the grip if it was of no use to me (which I duly did but kept the box and bits just inase I found one without).

Decent customer service I thought, unlike Ebay who have been giving me the runaround for nearly 2 weeks re £600 on a refund for somethingbI returned not as described.
I wonder if you would have had the same response if you had emailed them as opposed to using Twitter.

I wonder if you would have had the same response if you had emailed them as opposed to using Twitter.

I emailed them at the same time and got a response not much after the initial Twitter contact. Considering it was a couple of days before Xmas day (and presumably Twitter is manned all the time) I thought it was pretty good service anyway.

My question would be how did a reputable company like Park Cameras supply you with a "fake" grip?

You don't say if it was S/H?

David

Oh yes, should have mentioned it was a used grip. Would say Park got the wool pulled over their eyes, it was not a lot of money so I doubt they checked it that well.

Edit : Reminder to self, don't bother giving any company praise on this forum (or if you do make sure you have aevery little detail in the post) as it's just too much like hard work especially on boxing day. :LOL:

Last edited:
IMO

Not that diligent if they bought it in as genuine Canon.....you did say it was in a Canon box.....and did not confirm it was actually "what it said on the tin". NB here I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.....that the alternative was not done.....;)

A full refund AND £20 worth of gift vouchers? Sounds like they were feeling very guilty #hushmoney ;)

lol, in general I used to email companies if I had any issues with items I have bought and depending on companies I would get a reply between 24 hours to few working days. Nowadays I just post on their social media accounts and not only do I get a reply, my issue would be resolved within few hours.

Back