Shoveler & Godwit

Nice captures Roger - I'm liking the Black Tailed Godwit

Les :)

I love the blackwit. A lovely pose and great matching background too. Last time out I had total failures on both of these birds. The light was good but just not 'right', and as for trying to catch godwits with their heads up...................!

I like them both, Roger...lovely plumage on the Shoveler, with those scalloped edges to the feathers and the Godwit has some great detail on the under-wing. Plus, I really like the lighting and water texture too.

I like them both, Roger...lovely plumage on the Shoveler, with those scalloped edges to the feathers and the Godwit has some great detail on the under-wing. Plus, I really like the lighting and water texture too.
Thanks Andy :)

Two wonderful images.
It has to be the shoveler for me, those eyes are fabulous.
I'm surprised you shoot with Auto WB but if it works for you I'm definitely going back to it.

Thanks Graeme. I'm glad you like the Shoveler :)
I use Auto WB for convenience as I find it just generally works and eliminates me forgetting to make changes, however there are occasions when I tweak it in processing.

Super detail in both Roger but the Godwit is stunning! (y)

Sorry, thought I'd already commented but I haven't. Happening to me a lot lately, old age I guess lol!

Really nice, I like the eye contact from the Shoveler.

The BTGW is really nice with some lovely detail, especially as it looks like the sun was behind the bird rather than you?

Only thing I could see as a negative, which is no biggie really, just a bit of nit-picky is the shadow above the bird (possibly another bird's shadow?) draws the eye a little bit.

Nice pair of images though, as usual (y)

Sorry, thought I'd already commented but I haven't. Happening to me a lot lately, old age I guess lol!

Really nice, I like the eye contact from the Shoveler.

The BTGW is really nice with some lovely detail, especially as it looks like the sun was behind the bird rather than you?

Only thing I could see as a negative, which is no biggie really, just a bit of nit-picky is the shadow above the bird (possibly another bird's shadow?) draws the eye a little bit.

Nice pair of images though, as usual (y)

Thanks Wez, yes sun behind the bird(s) and being filtered by the clouds ... the BTGW's were in small groups so almost any image would contain shadow or body parts of other birds, I thought of cloning but it's a fussy job and I would have only got irritated messing with it, so in this instance I left it as it was. :)

Like the face on image of the shoveler coupled with the feather detail.
GEORGE.

love the angle of the shoveler shot and the other is amazing detail

Very nice Roger!
The Pov on the shoveler is particularly good.

What Andy clever clogs said roger i'd almost of repeated his comments also good eyes Wez I missed that bit. really love the light on the water mate,top drawer for me these too. you keep doing it mate good for you!!

Stu

What Andy clever clogs said roger i'd almost of repeated his comments also good eyes Wez I missed that bit. really love the light on the water mate,top drawer for me these too. you keep doing it mate good for you!!

Stu

Cheers Stu :)

Back