Show us yer film shots then!

not quite enough fixer in the tank, and insufficient washing...mebbe..:cool:

not quite enough fixer in the tank, and insufficient washing...mebbe..:cool:

actually I think I accidentally put the roll down in a chemical spill when I was loading it :razz:

Roll number two:

TeDVY.jpg

9Cq5d.jpg

nDuBt.jpg

jMqDt.jpg

Neopan 400 + Leica M4 + VC Nokton 50/1.5

I love the 1.5, I can get away with shooting ISO400 film all day. Coming from f/2 lenses that extra stop sure is welcome.

EDIT: Thanks Freecom! :)

Last edited:
just afew testers from my new Praktica and ISCO 135 and Zeiss 50mm lenses :) only cheap kodacolour film for testing purposes. now i know its all fine theres a lovely bit of velvia in there :D

6155975224_09f8f58a30_z.jpg

6155429061_cd0f2729d5_z.jpg

3. must work on focus :thinking:
6155973570_5a9e6f15b8_z.jpg

6155433015_f42dcaa89c_z.jpg

6155977090_b17b990fbd_z.jpg

6155976048_3e31486b8a_z.jpg

really like the look of the above images.

whats the actually film(kodacolour...?) and developed from?

Kodacolor 200 from Poundland, I'm guessing. I like the colours in #5, and although maybe they've applied some post processing it's surprisingly grainless in #6 - it's usually a more gritty emulsion then that picture suggests.

yeah its Kodacolour 200 from poundland, just a develop and scan from my local Max Spielman.

i've done abit of processing on some of them in lightroom, number 4 and 5 spring to mind, i also cloned out afew marks from the scans which were small, but unsightly. From memory i don't think i touched number 6, but i'll have to see when i get home to look at the original on the cd and see if theres any difference :)

the motley crew
img315_800x600_.jpg

a couple of london pics

img324_800x600_.jpg

img316_800x600_.jpg

and then on the way home ,,,,when two beema's meet

img319_800x600_.jpg

not the best pic ,but it was a grab shot on a manual camera

all hp5 + in ilford id11

Last edited:
Ilford FP4 Plus ASA125
Olympus OM2n and Zuiko 35-70mm Auto Focus
Canon 580EXII through 24in softbox from left at 1/8 power on manual
Canon 430EXII with snoot from right at 1/8 power on manual
Fired with Yong Nuo RF-602 Poverty Wizards
Metered with Kenko KFM-1100

Overcooked by hand with Ilford ID11 :bonk:

Rock Chick! by Si (Spirit Photography), on Flickr

Scanned in some old shots from 2008 (which were from the first roll of film I had ever shot):

VD9kb.jpg

Cj0tm.jpg

The midtones in HP5 are pretty awesome I must say.

HP5+ @ 400, Nikon F3 + 50/1.8

Love the market shot, Fruit Flakes - full of life :)

Some of mine from a recent roll of 400 Fomapan - I didn't expect it all to come out so dark. I did have an orange filter on it, but this was more than I was going for! I quite like to two-tone effect, but I get a feeling I've done something wrong :) Any tips or critiques gratefully received!

6170393532_7d87c83ccc_z.jpg

6170394476_ac4d8fa8f7_z.jpg

6170405664_155c8d4637_z.jpg

6169877825_71190ee3ec_z.jpg

6169890337_e0a9778459_z.jpg

I did have an orange filter on it, but this was more than I was going for! I quite like to two-tone effect, but I get a feeling I've done something wrong :) Any tips or critiques gratefully received!
I think your meter was just thrown off by the large amount of sky in the shots. Some meters--I read--also have troubles automatically correcting for orange filters.

I love the contrast between the house and the sky!

Ah ok - I used my Cosina PM-1, so I wouldn't vouch for the meter being any good :p It's simple! I do like how they turned out, but again, not what I was expecting.

Aw, thanks very much Jim :) The second one is actually my favourite, but I took lots of shots similar to the 3rd - the Lloyds Building is so Blade Runner-like, I've been waiting to get a shot of it on my lunch breaks :)

Finally got around to setting my up scanner so I can join in! I ran a first scan using the default software and was completely unimpressed with the results, they looked like previews. These have been scanned using the ScanGear software that came with the hardware. I also got a bundled copy of Silverfast SE; is it worth giving it a go or should I go straight to using VueScan instead?

Scanner is a Canon 9000F, all shots scanned from negatives. No modification except for cropping of frame borders and resizing, except for number 4 as noted below.

1. Hong Kong market stall, shot with a T90 with 50mm f/1.4 lens on Fuji 100ISO film (probably whatever Superia was in 1999).

Hong Kong Market Stall by Strappster, on Flickr

2. Railings at the Scott Monument in Edinburgh. Shot with a Minolta Hi-matic 7s on Kodacolor 200, auto settings as I was just trying the camera out.

Scott Monument Railings by Strappster, on Flickr

3. A tower, somewhere. No idea where, having a senior moment with this one. Bit concerning given that it was taken this year and I can remember the ones I took in 1999 ok... Olympus OM2SP, 35mm f/2.0, Fuji NPS160.

Tower by Strappster, on Flickr

4. New Zealand view. Another from 1999, taken with a T90 with either the 50mm lens or a 20-35mm f/3.5L on Kodak Gold 400. I have tweaked the curves slightly on this one as the print is one of my favourite shots and the scan came out a little weak. Still not happy with it but I need to pop out so further tweakage will have to wait.

New Zealand View by Strappster, on Flickr

Last edited:
Dean - as you've got the silverfast software bundled, you've nothing to loose apart from a little of your time to try it. It's definitely a better scanning solution to the ScanGear software, some people get on with it, others don't - but i'd definitely give it a try before spending any extra money. It's not by any stretch of the imagination a user friendly program, and the instructions would probably make more sense if read in the original german, but it IS capable of some decent results if you put the time into learning how it works.

I have to say however, that their upgrade policy has seriously hacked me off, and if/when I decided to upgrade, I doubt I'll be sticking with Silverfast, and will probably end up going with VueScan, if nothing else, because they do at least seem concerned about their existing user base.

Mark, funny you should say that, I just thought the same and stuck it on to run through some 120 negs I'd shot on an Agfa Isolette II. You're right about the user-friendliness (or lack of it), took me a while to realise that I needed to bring in the scan lines before it'd render the previews in reasonable colour!

Given that it's free, I'm quite happy with the results although I ought to run back to back tests on the same frames to make a proper judgement. Only thing I've found annoying so far is there's no preset for Fuji Reala 100 in roll films so I had to fudge it a bit.

Here's a sample, more on my flickr.

Evening light by Strappster, on Flickr

Decided to try out some xpro again, however this time it was nigh on impossible to get anything useable from the negs. this is probably the only decent one :(

Haven Sunset by [Scott], on Flickr

Lomo LC-M, Agfa CT Precisa

Bristol Zoo arranged to have various gorilla statues put up around the city to celebrate their anniversary. I got pics of two of them on my way to work last month:
20110920142445_cnv00013.jpg

20110916085902_cnv00017.jpg

Cannonet S (45mm lens), Fuji Superia 400, Boots dev and scan

The details are on flickr but basically this is it as far as film goes for a while..[/QUOTE]

Sad times Javier, you'll be missed on this thread. But with the amount you shoot for pleasure, I understand the the time delay and price increase you'll face with film in future will make moving to digital a no-brainer.

The Underground shots - FruitFlakes, is the first one Leytonstone?

Rob - regarding the third photo, the escalators at Balham station look significantly better now.

Freecom: yeah, that's Leytonstone.

EDIT: Shots from Thursday, Ilford HP5+ @ 400, Leica M4

z9MWj.jpg

LGKPA.jpg

Friends, pretty happy that I managed to nail the focus at 1.5 while they were joking about.

2RejB.jpg

oGt8v.jpg

5EBZi.jpg

dYVWv.jpg

Headgear

Last edited:
Back