Show us yer film shots then!

A few snaps from the "See No Evil" block party in Bristol last weekend. More in the Urban/Arch section:

CNV00029.JPG

CNV00027.JPG

CNV00028.JPG

Like that last one in particular with the slogan on the bridge and some interesting characters in the crowd

Thank you Steve, very kind, I do love a trip to Canterbury.

Really like that second one Musicman, something about those buildings on the right does it for me!

Here's one from me from a festival not too long ago, a great place for hiding all the sound booth/lighting area!

filmtwo by Myles Palmer, on Flickr

Hopefully these are within the size limits too, I think they are from reading the rules/FAQs!

So I had my first ever roll of Ektar 100 that I used at the end of last October, but forgot to get developed until a week ago... :bonk:

So many photographers mumble on about the importance of developing film as quickly as possible:nono: Nothing seems to have suffered here despite the near 11 month wait before processing.

Now those two have brightened up a grey day, thanks Heather.

Andy

Thanks Andy, was really chuffed with how they came out.

When I was developing ( that's developing not devving ;) ) I thought the car at Lancing college was going to be my favourite, but having seen them uploaded I like them both but the trough has just got the edge for me..well done with the exposures on the velvia 50..(y)

Thanks Steve, I think the clouds make all the difference, adding interest to the sky.

Wonderful colours in both, your reward for getting up so early, two delightful shots, congratulations, Phil.

Thanks for your kind words, Phil, they are much appreciated.

Heather

So many photographers mumble on about the importance of developing film as quickly as possible:nono: Nothing seems to have suffered here despite the near 11 month wait before processing.

Well, they've had their colour curves tweaked a little in Photoshop, though I always have to do that because I don't have a properly colour calibrated workflow with reference profiles for scanning different film types, so I just have to judge it by eye.

Some of the reds still look rather magenta to my [fading] memory, though other reds in the same frame seem fine. :shrug:

So I had my first ever roll of Ektar 100 that I used at the end of last October, but forgot to get developed until a week ago... :bonk:

Great colours in the first one, Rob, and I like the ferry too.(y)

Heather

Fields
7886811902_bbdb086697_b.jpg

and the woodcutters bench in the forest.
7886810732_80cb9415f9_b.jpg

Great vibrant colours Trevor, you can't beat a bit of square shaped colourfulness!

Exactement young Nick, square and colourful is the best thing since sliced bread.

Andy

Andysnap said:
Exactement young Nick, square and colourful is the best thing since sliced bread.

Andy

And the same shape too !! Thanks guys.

Another hip to be square shot from my Yash.

This is South Laggan Locks on the Caledonian Canal.

South-Laggan-Lochs by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy

Very vibrant shots Trev, must be Velvia?

Andy, the water looks like glass, has a great tonal range too. I like (y)

happygolucky said:
Very vibrant shots Trev, must be Velvia?

Andy, the water looks like glass, has a great tonal range too. I like (y)

Correctomundo

And another from the Yash, this time on Ektar. I have to say I rather like this but I don't know why, it kinda has a retro feel to it I suppose.
Anyway this is the son and heir running out of the very cold Atlantic Ocean off the west coast of Scotland.

Camusdarroch2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Andy

And another from the Yash, this time on Ektar. I have to say I rather like this but I don't know why, it kinda has a retro feel to it I suppose.
Anyway this is the son and heir running out of the very cold Atlantic Ocean off the west coast of Scotland.

Camusdarroch2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Andy

Nice one andy, That does indeed look cold..

A couple of shots from my Mamiya C330, trying it with Acros 100 and stand developing in Rodinal 1:100....(both of these are very large crops as I had the 65mm lens on instead of the 80mm and I wanted to see how they would hold up with large crops ).......

Thanks for looking Steve.

.... I have been told it's hip to be square.....

Light from a window.

The downs.

Looking good Stevie B, very hip.

Andy

This time from the mamiya 645, With Velvia 50 as the film and developed at home in Tetenal E-6.

blowing in the wind..

With the square format and all that negative space at the top, it looks custom made for an LP cover :)

Got it, that's why I like square format so much, spending hours of my wasted youth staring at early Pink Floyd album covers.

Andy. Looks very cold. Wouldn't get me in there..

Steve, thanks for your comment. Love the still life and the Velvia shot.

Got it, that's why I like square format so much, spending hours of my wasted youth staring at early Pink Floyd album covers.
I spent most of my Youth doing the same - staring, completely wasted at Pink Floyd covers :LOL:

Back