Show us yer film shots then!

its not often i bring the standard down to this level but

img496_Copy_.jpg

img647_Copy_.jpg

they came from my first go at developing c41 , the second was taken in near total darkness on slide film x processed ,,,i just open the shutter and shut it when it feels about right , or i get bored :D

A couple of test shots from the OM30 I picked up for a pound, I'm kind of glad Olympus' seem dead when they are merely resting sans batteries.

The yellow filter really helps enhance the contrast when shooting with C41. This is Agfa Vista that expired, some time ago... Stand developed in rodinal for an hour or so.

St. Annes Church by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

St. Annes Church by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Thanks freecom2 and MindofMel I'm very taken by the Portra seems nice and subtle with very good dynamic range!

Well... Here goes nothing.....

Here are a couple from today. Taken with a Brownie Six-20 near Barbican.

I Love London by Flying Penguin, on Flickr

Grrrrr by Flying Penguin, on Flickr

Nailed by Flying Penguin, on Flickr

My second attempt at home developing and I'm definitely still learning how to get the best out of the Brownie. Perhaps a little grungy for some but I really like the lo-fi look of the shots :)

Quality shot Mr Swales, I have no idea how you manage to get such great tones out of HP5+ but I'm very impressed.

Right, where's that tub of ice cream?

Quality shot Mr Swales, I have no idea how you manage to get such great tones out of HP5+ but I'm very impressed.

Right, where's that tub of ice cream?

It's cos I am magic. And I tweak it in lightroom etc until I am happy. I like to have fairly bland scans to start with and then run them through the ringer (LR, silver efex and PS6 as necessary) until I get what I am looking for. The detail and tones obviously have to be there in the first place but the fun is squeezing them out in PP!

And yes, I will be having ice cream for pudding this evening! ;)

That, young James, is most excellent.

Wow, an exceptional shot of an interesting face. Stunning.

Andy

Rolleiflex & Portra 160

An absolutely cracking portait, sharp, great colour and composition and DoF just right for me, excellent all round!

Last edited:
Cheers Rob, that shot made a 4am start, and a 7 hour round-trip drive for a 4 hour walk in the Lake District rain almost worthwhile :LOL:

Just a quick comment on my own photo, the dangers of larger film formats - the edge of his face (facing towards the bicycle) is slightly out of focus, that's how razor thin the depth of field is!

Cheers Rob, that shot made a 4am start, and a 7 hour round-trip drive for a 4 hour walk in the Lake District rain almost worthwhile :LOL:

Almost worthwhile? Almost worthwhile? You're pretty hard to please, Mark. Love it, just my kind of shot (that I never get!).

Been having a look through some of the earlier pages in this thread, from before i joined (page 87 IIRC) and saw this from TBY. Not much i can say apart from that i love it in every possible way.

Have to agree, lovely work chap!

Almost worthwhile? Almost worthwhile? You're pretty hard to please, Mark. Love it, just my kind of shot (that I never get!).

You're all too kind - really makes me wish I still took photographs occasionally...

Wow there's been some superb shots put on here recently whilst I've been otherwise occupied......all worthy of credit and a pleasure to view!

Nothing special, just a few shots to test out my new 2.8F... Good news is that everything seems to be working fine, the frames are evenly spaced and the lens is as good as I expected. Out of focus areas are smoother and less swirly than the Tessar on my 3.5. Can't wait to see what it's like with some Acros. Time to find something interesting to shoot!

All on Portra 400:
iAA9G.jpg

cpj2c.jpg

CfIFS.jpg

VoS0b.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Lloyd, looking really good.

Andy

Thmaga said:
Canon EF 35mm Sensia 100

Plustek 8200iSE

Liking this a lot. Plenty going on, great sky.

Sean, I really like these, I also like the look of the scans, have you used the Plustek for some time and how do you find it?

Back