Show us yer film shots then!

Cheers Adrian! Nice of you to mention the scanning as it's something I've been working a lot harder on recently :)

I am just starting out on the home neg scanning journey and your output is the sort of thing I am aiming for. I am expecting some 'duff ones' on the way though.

From all I have read and looking at the helpful comments from the TP F&C collective I know I will have to experiment and work at it. Saturday morning is blocked out to make a start!

Last edited:
8345867199_209f2986e4_b.jpg

Pity it's not smell-o-vision
8346922686_5ba1d2261f_b.jpg

8345871439_7db5846db6_b.jpg

8346927002_926f89687b_b.jpg

Another from my first home devved roll of Tri-X. Shot at 800 and devved in DD-X for ten minutes. Taken from my little smoke break cubby hole outside work:

royal
by rednorters, on Flickr

One from me... out of the "homeless holga" final roll (I finished off the last 4 frames)

Helga_Roll5_010-Edit.jpg by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Rest of the shots on the roll here - from post 65 onwards...

I have looked at this shot for some time and really like it! It has an 'other worldly' feel and although the Holga lens is clearly quite idiosynctaic in its lack of correction:LOL:, it gives the picture a very timeless feel. It could indeed be an image from an early pioneer of phototography.

I swear the "holga-ey" nature of the lens has got worse more pronounced the longer the camera has been out there, and the more postmen have played football with it...

the location itself is a bit of a "old standard" for me...

Here's one on another 120 camera - this time, one with a lens that actually focuses :LOL:

Perkeo at YSP by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice shots, the gorrila makes me smile for some reason. I'd say it was a scanning problem, I get that sometimes when the unexposed part of the frame gets picked up by the software. What format?

I took shots of the negatives using a canon 490D and a light box - no scanning software required!

Here's a shot from the summer that I took with my L35AF and Superia 400. Had a little play with it in the Lightroom including a 6x6 crop.

Not so Rapid:

rapid
by rednorters, on Flickr

Until I get my 6x6 camera cropping will have to do!

Last edited:

Ketmere400Jan13042 by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Another shot with Kentmere 400 (320) deved in 1+15 RHS and tbh it needed a lot of work in post to get a half decent image just a very flat initial scan much worse than normal and most needed a stop added to the exp slider in light room. I wonder if the developer and emulsion don't mesh well.

Last edited:
A few more from me. Shot these on the Trip loaded with Lucky SHD 100 which I then shot at 400 as a little experiment :LOL: Turned out well I reckon! Devved in Rodinal for an hour or so with a little twirl half way through:

the 90s
by rednorters, on Flickr

welcome
by rednorters, on Flickr

windows
by rednorters, on Flickr

Thanks for looking folks (y)

I developed a roll of HP5+ in Rodinal 1+25 today for six minutes as per the Ilford data sheet. I expected grain, probably even this much but other issues around development are leaving me a little disheartened. Every roll bar none that I have done has really bad shadows/leaks/surge marks coming from the sprocket holes. Regardless of how much (or little) agitation I use. I even get them when I do stand development or when I have tried using the swirly stick instead of VERY slow inversions :(

Anyway, here is one from the roll that I really like. Sprocket marks cropped out:

the evil below
by rednorters, on Flickr

Mel, B&W do a neet adaptor that converts the Hasselblad filter bayonet on my CF lenses to a standard screw thread filter fitting.

Nice Polaroids by the way!

woke up this morning ,( dont know why but i keep getting someone playing a slide guitar and singing in a soulful voice in my head ) anyway ,first frost for a while ,so a couple of chalk"n" cheese pics

img203_Copy_.jpg

img243_Copy_.jpg

woke up this morning ,( dont know why but i keep getting someone playing a slide guitar and singing in a soulful voice in my head ) anyway ,first frost for a while ,so a couple of chalk"n" cheese pics

img203_Copy_.jpg

img243_Copy_.jpg

I have got a thing about sleeping dogs and letting them lie so really like number one!

Number two is really quite magnificent and captures not only the beauty of the scene but in my humble opinion the splendour and our chosen medium.

More please!

They look pretty good, not sure if the Silvermax is worth the premium and the custom developer.

Thanks Jim. It's a nice camera. I really like the eye control, I'm not sure why Canon didn't continue with this function on the modern digital cameras.

Anyway, a few more from the EOS 30. This time using Silvermax film and developer.

EOS30_Silvermax011 by wickerman6, on Flickr

EOS30_Silvermax009 by wickerman6, on Flickr

EOS30_Silvermax001 by wickerman6, on Flickr

Very Nice set, I particularly like the composition and tonal range in number one.

You must have enough beach monochromes to put together a pretty solid photo essay on that theme now?

Very Nice set, I particularly like the composition and tonal range in number one.

You must have enough beach monochromes to put together a pretty solid photo essay on that theme now?

Thanks Adrian.

Whenever I have a new (to me) camera I invariably wander down to the beach for a walk to test it. Hence, most of my recent pics are from the beach...I must be acquiring too many "new" cameras. :):)

They look pretty good, not sure if the Silvermax is worth the premium and the custom developer.

The film is pretty cheap, although the developer is expensive.

I really should try processing some Silvermax film in another developer. The problem is that I like the end result using the Silvermax developer and am loathe to mess with a formula that I like the end result.

IMG0101.jpg

My fifth and first semi respectable result shot with my freshly restored and modified quarter plate wooden box folder from 1897 or so!:D

This is a 2400 dpi scan of the 4x5 neg with absolutely no PP. The chaos on the table was deliberate as it tells the story of the final phase and also shows some detail in the image.

Possibly a wee bit underexposed but quite workable...

antonroland said:
My fifth and first semi respectable result shot with my freshly restored and modified quarter plate wooden box folder from 1897 or so!:D

This is a 2400 dpi scan of the 4x5 neg with absolutely no PP. The chaos on the table was deliberate as it tells the story of the final phase and also shows some detail in the image.

Possibly a wee bit underexposed but quite workable...

It's brilliant....must Resist Large Format.......

Just DO it!! You know you want to! Resistance is futile, trust me! LOL

c.1954 Retinette 022

Rollei Superpan 200

Rodinal

retinettesolidbodyscan1.jpg

Back