Show us yer film shots then!

Thats a bit gorgeous is that....top work.

Andy

Iain, that's very nice indeed. I like how the foreground takes the eye to the skyline. The colours are pretty good, too. I do like Portra!

Anyone beat this? Nah I don't mean quality of the shot etc but the number of young ones with these geese......there were no other geese around and have no idea why these two should have so many goslings.

This is what you normally see

Last edited:
Iain, that's very nice indeed. I like how the foreground takes the eye to the skyline. The colours are pretty good, too. I do like Portra!

I like the colours on that one. I found that the scanner, an Epson V500, scanned some with a good white balance, but there were a few that had scanned very 'cool'. Easily rectified in LR.

Heres another from the same roll. Again, taken with the Xpan, Portra 400 film. Its of the rock features on St Cyrus beach.

9083467425_ce0189247b_o.jpg

Anyone beat this? Nah I don't mean quality of the shot etc but the number of young ones with these geese......there were no other geese around and have no idea why these two should have so many goslings.

The adult at the back has leather elbow patches, and the goslings do look as if they have hi vis feathers on - I think it's a school outing!!!

Nice photo :)

The adult at the back has leather elbow patches, and the goslings do look as if they have hi vis feathers on - I think it's a school outing!!!

Nice photo :)

:LOL: I got another one with two ducks with twelve chicks...must be something in the water ;)

Very foreboding, I really like this one Osh.

Voightlander Bessamatic CS, Voigtlander Skoparex 35mm f3.4 on Fuji Acros 100.

I'd forgotten I'd taken this until I was having a tidy up last night and found the negs in a pile of papers.

Country-Lane-Before-The-Rain-b&w by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Andy

Osh. Another great shot.

Andy. Love it, been thinking of letting my 35mm stuff go....might think again..

Thanks guys. I had the same thoughts Trev but to be honest I still love my F100/AF2/Trip.

Here's another from the forgotten Bessamatic film, another camera I should have kept.:bang:

Sun-&-Shadow2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

A few from me, shot a lot of film recently.

Kodak Elitechrome 100 - street pianist in Brighton.

Concerto by Sectionate, on Flickr

Kodak Porta - something tripped with my camera for a few shots on this rool, annoyingly for the photos I really wanted.

Red Arrows by Sectionate, on Flickr

Agfa Vista 200 - a trial rill to see if my camera was still working. I Actually really like a lot of the shots, and the slightly muted colours of the emulsion.

Vesper by Sectionate, on Flickr

This guy was a very good artist, and very quick. I was neatly late back from my lunch watching him. He was happy for me to take photos too :)

The Artist by Sectionate, on Flickr

I really would have had a very hearty chuckle had I personally encountered that guy playing the piano dressed like Rowlf from the Muppets.

A fun set of photos :).

Was he playing something by Bach?

:coat:

Thanks guys. I had the same thoughts Trev but to be honest I still love my F100/AF2/Trip.

Here's another from the forgotten Bessamatic film, another camera I should have kept.:bang:

That's a fantastic shot Andy, you're right you should never have sold it, what were you thinking?

That's a fantastic shot Andy, you're right you should never have sold it, what were you thinking?

Thanks Nick,that's made me feel so much better.....:(

Have you thought about a career in counselling?

Tee hee

Have you thought about a career in counselling?

I have considered it, tact, diplomacy, a good listener, all things that make a good counsellor unfortunately I have none of those traits so don't think it's a job for me.

Or failing that, as a Bacon Cure-er - that involves rubbing salt in as well...

Now that I could do, I'm also a great fan of kicking a man when he's down :D

I decide to have a look at some of the shots I took when I first went back to film as they were mainly scanned and devved at Asda and I wasn't happy with them.
These two were taken at Manchester Cathedral at an I Am Kloot concert on an F3 with the e-series 50mm on Superia 400 film. I scanned them in as greyscale and they are much more like I imagined they would look when I took them, gritty and grainy.

JB6 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

JB5 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy

Andy, they are both cracking, lovely tones, great light and very nice composition. I'd be delighted to have taken those! Nice work.

I decide to have a look at some of the shots I took when I first went back to film as they were mainly scanned and devved at Asda and I wasn't happy with them.
These two were taken at Manchester Cathedral at an I Am Kloot concert on an F3 with the e-series 50mm on Superia 400 film. I scanned them in as greyscale and they are much more like I imagined they would look when I took them, gritty and grainy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andysnapper1/9117287769/
JB6 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andysnapper1/9119516962/
JB5 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy

Very Klootian (y) they work very nicely in BW Andy :)

I particularly like the first one. The gritty and grainy look suits the scene very nicely.

The National Road Racing Championships took place in Glasgow on Sunday and I went out with black and white film in my SQ-A and colour in my GA645.

I didn't really watch any actual cycling while out, but I did have a good time wandering the traffic-free streets and people watching.

Here are a few of the black and white photos I took during the day:

Spectator along Buchanan Street by skysh4rk, on Flickr

Deserted Road by skysh4rk, on Flickr

Spectator by skysh4rk, on Flickr

Pedestrian crossing by skysh4rk, on Flickr

Racing spectators by skysh4rk, on Flickr

Lovely tonal range on those skysh4rk, what film was it if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Back