Show us yer film shots then!

Well having tried C41 developing last weekend, today I tried E6 developing......
These were taken with the Nikon FM2n, and using out of date Velvia.....
My two dogs......

12527383175_35e50aab71_b.jpg

12527436703_ed241bcba5_b.jpg

Lovely shots, great dogs, and Velvia that doesn't look over-saturated! What's not to love?

Lovely shots, great dogs, and Velvia that doesn't look over-saturated! What's not to love?
Thanks Chris.... yes I am liking Velvia.... these have only had a sharpen and curves adjustment in Lightroom..... (can't vouch for the rest of the roll that were somewhat over exposed mind...)

Well having tried C41 developing last weekend, today I tried E6 developing......
These were taken with the Nikon FM2n, and using out of date Velvia.....
My two dogs......

12527383175_35e50aab71_b.jpg

12527436703_ed241bcba5_b.jpg

Lovely shots. E6 might be a bit more involved than C41 but it's not that hard, is it? And very satisfying when it turns out OK. Excellent results anyway, well done. Especially like the second one.

Lovely shots. E6 might be a bit more involved than C41 but it's not that hard, is it? And very satisfying when it turns out OK. Excellent results anyway, well done. Especially like the second one.
Thanks Roger.....
And no, E6 wasn't any harder than the others to do, but definitely a bit more involved....

@Solo man - loving the dogs!

I decided to invest in some Red and Yellow filters to try out with Black and White film. I think I have found my go to ISO100 film: Ilford Delta 100, coupled with the red and yellow it is beautiful imo

Both taken with a Red 25 filters, on my Yashica 124G

I also brought some decade old Kodak E200 Slide film, and didn't expect much from it! I was pleasantly surprised...

Last edited:
For several years I have been on a Cancer Patients' Charity Boat trip on the River Thames -- I take my Filipina Wife as a 'thank You' for looking after me -- we go on the MV 'Pocohontas' from Greenwich Pier and have a free lunch etc -- I usually take my 2002 bought Hasselblad 501CM outfit all with 'outdated Fillum' of course -- still trying to empty the 'fridge but not much impact at the moment ! Here are some results, all captioned up for your interest --
'Princendam' Cruise Ship, Tilbury, 50mm f4 CFi Distagon T*, Red filter, 1996 dated Ilford FP4 rated 80 ASA, processed in Home - Made Acutol -S

'Princendam' Cruise Ship.
by pentaxpete, on Flickr
180mm f4 CFi Sonnar T*, 2002 dated AGFA Ultra 50 I was given, Home-Processed in C41.

Thames 18
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Cleopatra's Needle, I think it was 80mm f2.8 CFE PLanar T*, 1996 Ilford FP4 in Home-made Acutol-S

Thames 8
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

The Monument Celebrating Great Fire of London, 180mm f4 CFi Sonnar T*, 2002 dated AGFA Ultra 50 ( A16 back )

Thames 12
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

That's enough for now ---
Very nice pictures.

Last weekend my wife took me away for a surprise birthday treat. Well, it wasn't a surprise that it was my birthday (I knew that bit :) )and it wasn't a surprise that we were going away. The surprise was where we were going. I drove and she acted as satnav (or at least read out the instructions from the satnav) until we ended up at...Bickleigh Castle near Exeter. We had the bridal suite and practically had a whole wing of the castle to ourselves.

I took photos with various film cameras, but these are the first that I've developed, taken with a Pentax K1000 and Vivitar 28-200mm that a work colleague gave me a little while ago. Film was Agfa Vista 200 (aka Poundland film). This is only the second C41 film that I've processed myself, using the Tetenal C41 kit. I suppose using a camera/lens combo that was free, a film that cost £1 and processing at home doesn't come much cheaper as far as film photography goes!

Bickleigh Castle Silhouette
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Bickleigh Castle, front view
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Bickleigh Castle, side view
by Cariadus, on Flickr

The River Exe in full spate
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Flooded lane next to Bickleigh Castle, nr Exeter
by Cariadus, on Flickr

I did have to do some colour correction in Elements on these, but I think that's more down to the scanning than the film itself or the processing. I nearly always have to do some correction after scanning colour negative film with the Epson V500.

I like these. The C 41 developing worked very well for you.

Plaza Cinema, Port Talbot. Taken with the Lomo LC-A on Rollei Retro 100

Beautiful picture, very sad sight. The lens on the Lomo is clearly a good performer, I have a few rolls of Retro to shoot in the mothers ahead.

Beautiful picture, very sad sight. The lens on the Lomo is clearly a good performer, I have a few rolls of Retro to shoot in the mothers ahead.

You're going to shoot some retro mothers? How cruel....:D

Reactions: Jao
Brilliant thread with some amazing shots - I got my first film camera back yesterday after some 10+ years of using Digital.. can't wait to get out and about with the OM10 (y)

@Solo man - loving the dogs!

I decided to invest in some Red and Yellow filters to try out with Black and White film. I think I have found my go to ISO100 film: Ilford Delta 100, coupled with the red and yellow it is beautiful imo

Both taken with a Red 25 filters, on my Yashica 124G

I really like this one Nick......

Work has been manic and I injured my arm a few weeks back so have struggled with the most simple of tasks but forced myself out with a lightweight camera this weekend as I was having withdrawal symptoms from not shooting any film. The excursion led to these 'low down' Tri-X shots taken with my Voigtlander Bessa L and Heliar 15mm, developed in LC29 and scanned with my Plustek 7600i, not sure about Silverfast but I do like the scanner. I am still finding my way with the optimum settings and will move to Viewscan I think when time permits to get it sorted.
12562646325_daa6947d04_c_d.jpg

12562386335_6c59eba8b2_c_d.jpg

12562438915_af547b78af_c_d.jpg

12562515313_7c442bee49_c_d.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Very good town set there Adrian, I like #4 the angle of view suits that 15mm and the granite sets show off the shot very well. That bridge looks familiar:).

Another Voigtlander Bessa performance convincing Mr Snap to buy again:).

Its not Mr Snap that needs convincing....

Excellent set Adrian.

Adrian, I wasn't sure about your low-down shots; the first two in particular have too much fairly blank foreground for me. The second two are really nice, though. And bambam has highlighted what's s nice about your signpost (apart from Horrid Hill and the 10-mile-long Copperhouse lane, of course); I'm always getting silhouettes in cases like that. Ace stuff!

Adrian - Love that set, number 4 for me especially! (y) In number 2, though, that TT looks squished? hah

One from Threipmuir Reservoir where I was hunting a winter landscape. Got a bit bored and decided to see how a 15s exposure would look; about 3 stops over for the conditions. Pretty thick negative and picked up a lot of scanner noise but not bad I'd say.

Threipmuir Long Exposure
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Back