Show us yer film shots then!

This is not normally my style of shot, but this one stood out to me when I saw it.

At a cross roads
spotmaticsp235mmsupertak99centsfilmechopark1.jpg

Maybe the title should be called "information overload" ;)

Excellent series Javier.

Andy

Javier, love number 2. had to look at it for a little while to wonder what they heck was going on, but i love a photo that does that. nice primary colours too

I'm not sure what it is about your images Javier but they seem both seedy and exotic at the same time. I suppose its because it is a side of the US that we don't usually see, at once recognisable and yet different. Whatever, they are always interesting and excellent.

Cheers

Andy

I'm not sure what it is about your images Javier but they seem both seedy and exotic at the same time. I suppose its because it is a side of the US that we don't usually see, at once recognisable and yet different. Whatever, they are always interesting and excellent.

Cheers

Andy

thank you very much. reality is what it is. don't get me wrong, much of los angeles is very nice, but most of it is what you see in my pictures. film does a very good job of catching the grittiness of it all. (y)

Yeah I like them a lot, what film is it and how is it processed/scanned etc?

not sure. it cost 99 cents a roll. what i think is a part of the process is that even though it is 200 asa film, i shoot it at 400 asa. this adds the grain and grittiness to the image. other than that, i have the local target scan the images in vibrant mode and that is that. i will crop slightly if need be, but i try and leave them alone. thank you very much for the comments.:)

My 1st go with medium format.
a freebee Photina Reflex TLR.

I dont have a film holder for my scanner, so these are just laid on the glass bed.

oops ! a bit of a slope :D

5375716207_bf90aa1aa0_b.jpg

5375741299_c960164a39_b.jpg

5376344636_1399146b49_b.jpg

5376345208_692e62c6ed_b.jpg

5376345768_9a531a58b4_b.jpg

These are from a stroll through China town in L.A. this past saturday. I was hoping to get those funky colors from the superia as I do with the 99 cents film, but to no avail. They are close, but not quite there.

The reds always seem to be really ''red''
spotmaticsp2supertak35mmsuperia2001.jpg

passing by
spotmaticsp2supertak35mmsuperia2002.jpg

street performer
spotmaticsp2supertak35mmsuperia2006.jpg

busy shops
spotmaticsp2supertak35mmsuperia2005.jpg

lots of people having fun
spotmaticsp2supertak35mmsuperia20012.jpg

a passing beauty
spotmaticsp2supertak35mmsuperia20016.jpg

Thanks to the sharp eyes of CT I now have the Mamiya RB67 Pro S I've been looking for. Normally a fair weather film shooter I braved the overcast and light rain to shoot a quick roll to test everything is as it should be and dropped it into Jessops for a speedy turnaround. Some very quick post-scan adjustments..

I need to work on my scanning technique, I think I'm clipping a little off the bottom of each frame.

Last edited:
Those don't look half bad in those conditions Alastair. I'm pleased to see you finally got a decent RB. (y)

Glasgow 22 Jan 2011................my first ''street'' attempts EVER

Nikon F3 with 50mm 1.8 'E' lens using Neopan 400

1. ''on the wrong side of the glass''
07890011-_pillar_crop.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats very good. Love the contrast between the inside and outside.

Andy

Thats very good. Love the contrast between the inside and outside.
Andy

thanks - a bit heart-breaking. spoke to her for a little while - difficult to comprehend how she got to be there......:(

Passing By

Hasselblad 500C/M, Planar CF T* 80mm f2.8, NDX8 + Pentax 02 Orange Filter, 100 Acros, PMK Pyro

Javier, that last shot is the best of an excellent set.

Welcome aboard Alan Smithee (if that is indeed your real name). I don't think you need an alias for this film, excellent work, looking forward to seeing more.

Andy

Welcome aboard Alan Smithee (if that is indeed your real name). I don't think you need an alias for this film, excellent work, looking forward to seeing more.

Andy

Why thanks. When I have a lousy shot, the name helps express my dissatisfaction and lack of creative control. ;)

Super shot, love the way you've managed to keep the detail on the tower even shooting into the sun.

Andy

Early Morning At Ruby Beach

Hasselblad 500C/M, Distagon 60mm CB f3.5, NDX8 Filter, 100 Acros, PMK Pyro, 90 Second Exposure

Last edited:
Alright stop it now, its too good.

Seriously though, the tonal range and sharpness of these shots(not to mention the composition etc.) is excellent. Damn it! I need a Hasselblad.

Andy

that first one is a corker Mart. Lovely work.

Andy

:welcome:

some lovely work..........if you are from Oregon..is that Haystack Rock..?

Thanks. No, Ruby Beach is along the coast of Washington State just next to Oregon. There are several rocks called Haystack rock up and down the Pacific Coast in that region with the most notorious being the Haystack rock at Cannon Beach, Oregon. Here is a shot at Cannon Beach of a rock next to Haystack rock.

Sunset, Cannon Beach, Oregon

Hasselblad 500C/M, Planar 80mm CF T*, NDX400 + Orange Filters, 100 Acros, PMK Pyro, 60 Second Exposrue

Thanks. No, Ruby Beach is along the coast of Washington State just next to Oregon. There are several rocks called Haystack rock up and down the Pacific Coast in that region with the most notorious being the Haystack rock at Cannon Beach, Oregon. Here is a shot at Cannon Beach of a rock next to Haystack rock.

Sunset, Cannon Beach, Oregon

Hasselblad 500C/M, Planar 80mm CF T*, NDX400 + Orange Filters, 100 Acros, PMK Pyro, 60 Second Exposrue

superb photo! really like this.

Back