Show us yer film shots then!

Very nice Ped.

Andy

Had a go at turning my garage into a studio yesterday. Borrowed some big LED panel lights from my dad and went for it. Pretty pleased. here is an example, more in this thread: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=320940

5722757385_b74632e032_z.jpg

Excellent! (y)

Javier, do you tend to shoot from the hip and hyperfocus? I only ask because the composition of your photographs are always spot on and carefully considered, or are you just really quick and always ready for a shot?

Cheers
ped

Javier, do you tend to shoot from the hip and hyperfocus? I only ask because the composition of your photographs are always spot on and carefully considered, or are you just really quick and always ready for a shot?

Cheers
ped

Thanks Ped. I never shoot from the hip. Well, I should not say never, but less than 1% for sure. I prefer the view finder. As for film, I do use Hyperfocal / zone focusing 90% of the time. As for composition, I am always looking well ahead and and compose ahead of time when I can. So when I get to the spot, I get there and shoot quickly. Also consider that my failure rate is in 90% range if not higher.

Here are a few of my most recent, have just picked up an EOS 1n to replace the Praktica BX20 that these shots were taken with.

Ilford HP5 Plus 400

High Royds Asylum Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm - EC Pigments, Stockport Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm

CNV00036.jpg

CNV00016.jpg

Hempshaw Brook Brewery - Carl Zeiss Jena 28mm

CNV00019.jpg

Some more Polaroid Impossible Project snaps.

Model is Tina Kay and the MUA is Jemma Stokes.

tinak001 by paulhuk, on Flickr

I'll post some of my "proper" film photos once I've done my first home development :eek:

Paul

This is really nice. I believe you folks on the other side of the pond say ''cracking'' (y)

I say old chap cracking eh! what a jolly good show.
mgtophat.gif

Yes we all talk like that all the time and I always wear a top hat and a monocle as well.....:D

i havent used film for at least 15yrs, so tried some recently in an old chinon rangefinder.

forgot how difficult it was, and of course over the yrs the number of people developing B&W has dwindled, that and my results mean the camera will be parked away until i forget how bad i was at it. got 14 out of the 36 that i like right enough, a couple of the better ones below

9JMjZb

9JMjws

edit, damn it why cant i ever get the images to appear :(

i havent used film for at least 15yrs, so tried some recently in an old chinon rangefinder.

forgot how difficult it was, and of course over the yrs the number of people developing B&W has dwindled, that and my results mean the camera will be parked away until i forget how bad i was at it. got 14 out of the 36 that i like right enough, a couple of the better ones below

9JMjZb

9JMjws

edit, damn it why cant i ever get the images to appear :(

You need to copy the link to the image rather than the page
between the img and /img, you need this:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5062/5734990884_9e2d32e366_z.jpg

Rather than this

http://flic.kr/p/9JMjZb

Which works like this:
5734990884_9e2d32e366_z.jpg

If you push the quote button below, and on your original message, you'll hopefully see the difference!

Hope that helps

*edit nice & sharp picture by the way!

Last edited:
What about a switch to what "pops" out of the shot :cool:

Lens either CZJ 28mm f2.8 or Vivitar 55mm macro...got labelling mixed up :(
cjz28-800px.jpg

Javier, I could see your photo,s any where in the world without any credit and I would know they were your,s, you have such a distinct style and always a joy to view.

Congrats again.

Richard.

Odd ones, these are taken on old Koday Vericolour 5072, a C41 negative film designed for making slides from kodak negs, so it is very insensitive to red (as you can see) to cancel out the red tinted base.

So I just used it as a regular film set to ISO-8

These were taken early evening about 6:30-7pm
iso8%20early%20evening.jpg

iso%208%20early%20evening.jpg

and these midday yesterday
ISO%208%20lunch%20time.jpg

and pushed one stop
iso%208%20pushed%201%20stop%20lunchtime.jpg

very eerie night time look about it considering they were taken in bright sun, I might have a play with long exposures, I have about another 20m to get through :)

This thread is always really interesting to look through... Nice work.
I will add a few to the pile:

Untitled by the matt1, on Flickr
zenit b 58mm, some kind of 400 film, converted to b&w later...

Rolleiflex Automat, ilford pan f 50

Box Brownie, kodac 160 nc "scanned" on a glass table with a digital camera

Welmy-six folding camera. neopan 400 I think

Box Brownie, neopan 400.

Drinking Sunshine. I was just messing around that day but realized after the the shot that it would look much better without those trees.

SMC-P 165mm f4 LS, 100 Acros, PMK Pyro, Pentax Spotmeter V

A couple of samples from my first self developed attempts :eek:

Outdated Kodak Superia 200 using a Tetanal C41 1 ltr kit in a Jobo CPE2 with Lift.

First two rolls went well but I didn't let them dry thoroughly, rather than what I thought was dry :shake: so some "artefacts" are apparent.

The second two rolls were toast, I'm guessing due to the dev being contaminated by the blix courtesy of the Lift's plumbing and my ignorance :naughty:

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger," (y)

Lomo Spinner:

BlackpoolSpinner001 by paulhuk, on Flickr

Lomo Spocket Rocket:

BlackpoolSprocket003 by paulhuk, on Flickr

I'm saving the proper stuff shot on proper cameras until I almost know what I'm doing ;)

Paul

Loving the latest images (y) In the middle of exams at the moment and really missing photography but here is one from easter...

Crown Graphic / Ilford FP4 125

@ Kev M that is a cracking shot I have been wondering what you been up to recently.

@ Liam lovely tones on that roof?

Cheers Nick. Not shoot much at all this year, I think this was about the third roll of the year. Shot some sailing the other week, need to make some contact prints too see if anything came out sharp/in focus.

Back