Show us your Bokeh

Very nice Neville. You might have missed the thread for bokeh...

I take the odd wide aperture picture but most of my pictures are stopped down a bit. I suppose I take wide aperture pictures the most when I get a new lens and I'm testing it out. At the mo I have the usual 35 and 50mm f1.4/f1.8 plus a 50mm f1.1 and a 40mm f1.2.

I'm not posh enough for bokeh, so I stick to out of focus backgrounds. Soligor 400mm preset on a Nikon F...

NIKON F AUSTRIA 1991 24.jpg

Last edited:
Taken in 2010. Ashdown forest. Nikon D70s,Nikkor 70-300mm @300mm.

DSC_4313CS5.jpg

Very nice Neville. You might have missed the thread for bokeh...

I take the odd wide aperture picture but most of my pictures are stopped down a bit. I suppose I take wide aperture pictures the most when I get a new lens and I'm testing it out. At the mo I have the usual 35 and 50mm f1.4/f1.8 plus a 50mm f1.1 and a 40mm f1.2.

You're right. I hadn't realised there was one already. Perhaps a kindly moderator will merge them.

Absolutely! That's a lovely shot, and exactly how it should be applied, I think.

I love a blurry background; or even a blurry most of the subject :)

7Artisans 35mm F/0.95:
DSCF1433.jpg

DSCF3431.jpg

DSCF4072.jpg

And this was with the Fuji 100-400:
DSCF3632.jpg

Last edited:
That does look nice. I've toyed with the idea of the TT Artisan's 35mm.

I like it a lot. I find it much easier to focus than some of the other manual lenses I've tried, and it feels very solid and well made - it's all metal, I think. The control rings are really nicely damped, too :)

Back