Show us your 'one light only' shots

Brilliant and inspirational images in this thread.

Not in the same league but I shot this yesterday using a Canon 430EXII strobe in a 60cm beauty dish directly infront and above the model. Silver reflector below for a little fill.

WiP800px.jpg

Self portrait

Umbrella with Jessops flash to the left of the camera.

Last edited:
5712497283_0da997a152.jpg

5531343227_efc1c974ae.jpg

6831454083_a644256bbb.jpg

Just a couple, though pretty much everything I've shot for a long time has been one light, either a flash or just natural lighting with not even a reflector, see portfolio link below

Shot this last night at the end of a group shoot we where running at the Studio, testing a new light we have in that I have not had chance to play with yet, need to sort some time for a proper play :) the light is the one in the following link :)

Linky

IMG_9587.jpg

Nearly started my own thread on this subject but I was sure I'd seen on on here before....and I was right.:D

Anyways here is my shot using 1 strobe(Bowens) in the garden.Had the lights for a few months or maybe even longer? and still not really had a proper play with them.In fact one of them has never been out of the bag yet has thought I would get used to using one light first.

Connie Garden-1 by DeanSupreme, on Flickr

DEANSUPREME
Anyways here is my shot using 1 strobe(Bowens) in the garden.Had the lights for a few months or maybe even longer? and still not really had a proper play with them.In fact one of them has never been out of the bag yet has thought I would get used to using one light first.

Hi Dean
Great looking little girl, I had a quick look at the flicker, not sure but I think you have over sharpened the eyes, there is a swirling effect with the colour, try a little darker.

Simon

DEANSUPREME

Hi Dean
Great looking little girl, I had a quick look at the flicker, not sure but I think you have over sharpened the eyes, there is a swirling effect with the colour, try a little darker.

Simon

Her eyes are a little darker in this pic than they normally are tbh.Not touched the eyes but the whole image had a little sharpening at the end so that might be it?She does have really striking eyes though and a lot of people think that I have done work on them in pp.If you look at this thread where I'm gonna post all my kids pictures you will see what I mean with the first image.:)

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=427739

Last edited:
Just messing about and got this shot of a black gloss octagonal tile I make. might be a crap pic but this thing is a sod to photograph, well pleased:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Bugger, what did I do wrong there, that's supposed to be a picture shown on the thread, how do you do that?

Rubberhead: Demonic by enticingimagery.com, on Flickr

I made a little cardboard grid for my flash, acts more like a snoot, letting very little light through. A work in progress :) Flash on it's little stand, with grid on, to cam left. This was shot in the kitchen in daytime.

Here's a rather "cheesy" shot from one 430 EX II softbox I made from cardboard, tin foil and a bed sheet...

L

debbie-loves-cheese-001.jpg

167432144042231952_16106953

Well it wasn't meant to be one light, but the fill didn't go off:

Inadvertant One Light Portrait by Pheo, on Flickr

As a newbie to flash, one light is now on my list of things to experiment with.

Back