Show Us Your Prints!

Name
Chris Ratford
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't print stuff much, but I really should do it more often. Its really nice getting an actual picture rather than just storing stuff away on the hard drive! This collection of 19 18x12s and 20 7x5s came to a grand total of £25 in p&p from DSCL ... bargain and they are brilliant! (y) Ordered yesturday afternoon aswell and they came this morning! :D

prints2.jpg

I've yet to take anything that I think deserves to be canvased, but I'm getting there slowly :)

What things have you had printed and hung up or plastered over you wall ... post up your pics of pics!

last shot I sent away for printing was a collage shot of all the 365 photo's taken during my 2009 Photo-a-Day project. Came out as a 50cm x 60cm print, with the actual shots only a little bigger than old-school 35mm slides. It's still got pride of place on my office wall though!

Haven't actually got a photo of it, but this is the image I had printed...

you may need to click on it to see a bit more detail... I should warn you, it's fairly Mahoosive :)

Oh - and there was one day where I didn't get a photo...

Last edited:
man, big prints are such an ego boost compared to normal crappy 'just seeing photos onscreen' - I've got annoyed so much with a bad spell of work or whatever several times and feeling pretty pants, big prints just look so much better and help get over it :)

I do like big prints. Here is one I quickly nocked up a while back using 25 A3 sheets of paper, 1 colour laser printer and a pritstick. Not perfect, but adequate for an 18month year old.

Try out ALDI. Yes I know "Aldi" but they print on Kodak paper using the latest equipment and seriously I would put their prints against any lab I have used and you wouldn't pick them out!

34p for a 12x8
10p for a 7x5
5p for a 6x4

£1.33 postage for the whole lot

Try out ALDI. Yes I know "Aldi" but they print on Kodak paper using the latest equipment and seriously I would put their prints against any lab I have used and you wouldn't pick them out!

34p for a 12x8
10p for a 7x5
5p for a 6x4

£1.33 postage for the whole lot

That's where I had the big collage print done. Very happy with the result, came out sharp and crisp (though I made sure that the source file was exactly sized to fit their standard print, rather than allowing them to crop to fit). Great Value, just wish they did a few more sizes :shrug:

That's where I had the big collage print done. Very happy with the result, came out sharp and crisp (though I made sure that the source file was exactly sized to fit their standard print, rather than allowing them to crop to fit). Great Value, just wish they did a few more sizes :shrug:

I just use the size about with a dead space but they are definitely high quality.

I even got a little cheeky with them once, and matted 2 panoramic shots onto a single white background and printed it on the 75x50 poster. Nice cheap way to get a couple of Pano's printed. If only there was a way of getting cheap Pano. frames to go with them :(

Ahh the joy of printing your digital images:

I even got a little cheeky with them once, and matted 2 panoramic shots onto a single white background and printed it on the 75x50 poster. Nice cheap way to get a couple of Pano's printed. If only there was a way of getting cheap Pano. frames to go with them :(

Ikea...

They sell frames to take 5 pictures in a row, pop the back off, remove the cardboard frame sheet and hey presto one pano frame !

0093642_PE231184_S3.JPG

72x32cm

0087878_PE217829_S3.JPG

88x30cm £14.99

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20142961

My fav. print, Mt. Teide in Tenerife.
The actual print is 60in by 13in printed on my Epson 2400. ( sorry about reflections and distortion )
Kind regards, Alan.
workstation-web.jpg

Here are the two canvasses i have had printed for my bedroom.

(these quick snaps dont do the canvasses any justice)

4535132970_c45e0c3e47_o.jpg

4535133596_d0127e940a_o.jpg

TheBigYin - Thats a brilliant collection of pics, must have taken a while to put them togther to print!

Johnsy - Love that!

Freester - They look like great photos, nice simple framing works really well.

Sharp5 - I'm VERY jelous of your desk! Nice little setup there and a great pano.

Chrisgrieve - OMG, WOW!

TheBigYin - Thats a brilliant collection of pics, must have taken a while to put them togther to print!

Wish I could say it was all hand crafted, every shot lovingly placed, but it was a simple bulk resize job in Faststone resizer, followed by pouring the resulting files into a program called ShapeCollage.

In my defence, It DID take a year to get the source images though :LOL:

My fav. print, Mt. Teide in Tenerife.
The actual print is 60in by 13in printed on my Epson 2400. ( sorry about reflections and distortion )
Kind regards, Alan.
workstation-web.jpg

The one with the redn white stripes looks more interesting ;-)

Well spotted Rob., SAFC clock the grandkids bought me a couple of years ago.
Not a bad season I suppose, six points to come;)?
Regards, Alan.

Back