Showers and Sunshine

Neil, I would crop a tad of the bottom of #1, the link is broken on #2. Just seen the photo on your Flickr page, what a difference a day makes!

Last edited:
really like them, Neil. Had similar weather yesterday on the way up the a11

Like these Neil..... Always been a sucker for sunbursts!!!
No1 I thought those "tufts" in the field were artefacts from lens flare but it looks like its where the tall grass (maybe grow through from wheat) has picked up the light from the sun! Horizon just a squiff off but B-all really. I like a bit of flare in these shots but recently I tried a little trick of keeping the camera where it was and just taking another shot with the sun shaded out with a card, this took out the lens flare on the RH side of the shot then I just blended in the area that didn't have the lens flare then just tweaked the exposure, Worked like a dream sunburst with no flare.
No2 Really great clouds there, squally stuff by the look of it, Watch out for some lightening .... That's would be the icing on the cake!

Cheers again Steve - actually horizon is straight, but it rolls off, gives the impression its wonky! (I always use a bubble level!!) Really good tip re the flare, will definitely give that a go!
Alas no lightening in last, although it was looking very promising!!

Back