Showing focus point in post processing?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
With Nikon if you had doubts on where you actually focussed you could look Nikon N-XD (?) and it'd show you. After a quick Google search, neither Photo Mechanic nor DXO seem to do this - is there a cheap bit of software that shows this available? It seems such a useful and simple tool - cannot understand why it wouldn't be in all post editing. Or is it and I have missed it?

I am assuming you are on Mac based on your second post in response to SFTPhotography and if so then ApolloOne (paid version) can show you the AF point.

I downloaded it and still have it but let the trial expire before fully evaluating it so features such as AF point are currently disabled. The program seems well regraded and the bits I tried out worked well but ultimately it was just another step in my workflow and I'd rather just stay within LRc but it does or at least states it can show you the stored AF point.

Could be worth a look and try the full version for 14 days to evaluate. After that its either subscribe or buy a perpetual license.

I had downloaded that software onto my Mac, and couldn't remember why - it was probably also for the same reason, to show AF point details for Fuji.

Thank you for the tip. I can see that the basic version is free - but to get any sort of functionality you have to subscribe. I cannot see anywhere where it tells you the cost until after you subscribe. I have emailed the developer but I find this really annoying. Why not just be straight up? I'd rather know the cost before trying and seek a longer term solution rather than seeing a focus point for 14 days then deleting.

I can see that the basic version is free - but to get any sort of functionality you have to subscribe.
I know in your next message you say you found it but just in case it is the subscription cost you have seen you can also pay a one off price if you don't want to subscribe.
There are two options however. One at £23.99 and another 'Pro' license at £39.99. No idea what the differences are but no doubt they are detailed somewhere.

There are two options however. One at £23.99 and another 'Pro' license at £39.99. No idea what the differences are but no doubt they are detailed somewhere.
Thanks. Just got to decide if seeing a focus point is worth £23.99. I guess the follow up question is why other processors don’t consider this to be useful. Understood it is probably now an occasional thing but very useful if trying to understand a problem.

Back