Shropshire on boxing day.

Matthew W

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Today I went on a 5 mile walk up in Shropshire Mortimers forest with my dog (Milo) I took my 14mm-42mm lens, my tripod also some filters of which I received for Christmas, did a bit of tweaking in Light room 5; hope you enjoy my photographs, all advice will be taking note too, thanks. View attachment 2827View attachment 2828

Matthew
Combining a healthy walk and photography, what a fabulous experience.
I like both the images, at the moment I am favouring landscapes in a panoramic format, and I think there is a great one in each of these images

I like number 2 for the more natural colours and sense of openness. Number 1 looks like the colours were just a little 'over-encouraged' to me, but I do like the layering effect of the foreground, shadow then hills and sky.

#2 is the better shot for me. As above, you could crop a bit off the sky and create a more landscape orientated image.

Great colours and it looks like a nice bit of lighting you had to work with.

Agree with this completely

There are some good aspects of these photographs; I like the colour and the mix of light and shadow in both photos. I think that you could improve both photos by moving the horizon from the middle of each frame; experiment with putting the horizon either on the top or bottom third of the frame depending on whether you want the land or the sky to be a main point of interest and see what you prefer.

Mike

I agree that the saturation is a 'little' overdone. Maybe a nudge on the shadows slider in LR would also help bring out some details in the treelines.

Back