Shugpug's 2nd 52 for 2021 - Week 6 - Pair

Two great shots and a well done for a multiple catch up from the same location. The sky in your Film shot is fabulous, as is the texture in the sand.

I seem to be following Helen around with comments and just agreeing with her... Not a fan of Frank Herbert and those books. I did try. So the photo is infinitely better IMO as it holds my attention for longer than 2 seconds :)

Good shots, liking the 2nd image as looks like you got some one the shot. You might have some dust too, top right in the sky and just on the sand down a bit from it.
Yep, good spot. Sensor needs a good clean...
Film
It's the first one for me. There's a great contrast between the sky and the sand. The way the light is hitting the sand at different angles, creates some nice tones.
Nice catch up Alex, I love the sky in #1
The first shot is excellent great sky, obviously "Dune" reading your description
Of course - I've only "read" (audiobooked) the first in the series, but infinitely better than the terrible film. I'm intending to read more in the series, but I think reading them properly might be quite hard work. This was very much the shot I intended to get when I went out there - even dragging poor Mrs SP out to the park at Opening Time.
Two great shots and a well done for a multiple catch up from the same location. The sky in your Film shot is fabulous, as is the texture in the sand.
I seem to be following Helen around with comments and just agreeing with her... Not a fan of Frank Herbert and those books. I did try. So the photo is infinitely better IMO as it holds my attention for longer than 2 seconds :)
Thank you both - it's a fascinating location. Incredibly fine sand with none of the associated stones, shells etc so you can walk bare foot and not risk slicing your foot open. Just a scorpion sting...
Like the second ... the simplicity of.
Thank you!

Back