Shutter Beam

Name
My name is Nigel, Dangrous is my middle name.
Edit My Images
No
I've had a shutter beam for some time now that is just not getting the use it should, it has assisted me in getting some excellent high speed shots.
I've used it to activate Vivitar flash units with the thyristor bypassed which has given me a flash duration of 1/3000.
I'm looking for inspiration... I've done eggs smashing, balloons popping, water dropping and lightbulbs being smashed.
I'm always looking for something new and considered selling, but before I do so, I was wondering if there were any other photographers out there with ideas not of the conventional themes.

Your thoughts.

Nige

No ideas??? Soon to be entered in the for sale section then I feel.

Hi Nigel, and welcome to TP.

Have a look on the stopshot and high speed photography groups on flickr for inspiration, as well as the macro picture sharing section on here. I will keep a lookout otherwise in the for sale section as I am looking to add to my equipment.

There is also some good info on Kev's site: http://www.photosbykev.com/wordpress/photography/high-speed-flash/

Good luck, hope to see some of your work soon.

Thank you TP some amaizing work on there.
Still in two minds about keeping it, it's one of those bits of kit that sits at the back and could possible be better served funding more practical equipment.
It would go a long way to paying for a second body.
The nipper at Uni has nabbed my spare.

Back