Shutter Mechanism Changed

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All, Question please, After having some issues with my Sony a6000 camera with a sticky shutter and as i understand quite a common issue. I have just received my camera back after a repair of a Shutter Mechanism Change.
If the Shutter mechanism is renewed, should the shutter count return to 0000 or should it continue with the original count which in this case was just over 3163 ?

Thanks.

The count is stored in the memory, so the count should remain as it was.

Like a car if you change the engine :)

glad I saw this I was debating getting one to play with. back burner now

glad I saw this I was debating getting one to play with. back burner now
We actually don't know what was done, the OP posed a question, so I guess you mean the sticking shutter issue being not unheard of ?

The issue was the shutter sticking open, started off once or twice, then all the time. A search on the internet i soon found this was a common fault with some models on Sony cameras. I opted to have the shutter replaced, seems to have done the trick.

The issue was the shutter sticking open, started off once or twice, then all the time. A search on the internet i soon found this was a common fault with some models on Sony cameras. I opted to have the shutter replaced, seems to have done the trick.
The shutter failure issue was supposedly a big problem for the A7iii - but I suspect it was more a case that Sony sold so many A7iii's that although the percentage of 'early' failures was small, the actual number was enough that on the forums there were plenty who had heard of someone who had said they knew someone who had had a shutter failure - and would then post that is was common whenever one was reported. Lot of people then read this, so repeated it, and the apparent scale of the issue grew and grew.

Back