Shutter Remote A7iii

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone got any good recommendations for a shutter remote for a Sony A7iii as the prices can range from cheap to expensive.

Anyone got any good recommendations for a shutter remote for a Sony A7iii as the prices can range from cheap to expensive.

I would avoid buying cheap as my Mrs keeps telling me " Buy cheap, buy twice"

I did read somewhere you can get a smartphone app - maybe worth a search ?

Les :)

I am not familiar with your model but I have a Canon 5D4 and remotely control it from an iPad. I do have Helicon Remote which was excellent but had some difficulty in communications since the last iPad OS update. However, I have installed the free Canon app (Canon Connect) and this works very well. A few lessons learned from capturing birds in my garden is that it is vital to ensure that neither the iPad or camera are set to automatically shut down after a period of inaction else you have to keep re-establishing the Wi Fi link. Also because this operates in Live View mode the camera battery will run down fairly quickly. You could use a smart phone rather than a tablet but the large screen is very helpful.

Dave

You can either get the cheap infared one or the proper Sony Bluetooth version.

With the versions the cheap no brand ones are just as good as the Sony one but they only work from behind the camera.

The Sony Bluetooth versions work great. Personally I just use the timer on the camera and don’t need one.

The app is a pain in the bum.

I have a cheap one from eBay I bought years ago for an A77 and it works ok on my a7ii. You can also download an app for your iPhone/android device as well but it requires you to pair phone and camera each time.

I have already got the buy cheap buy twice t-shirt. Sony have got two one is bluetooth (which is the newer version) and the other older model is a wired version. Been looking at both so will go with one or the other, just want something that just works well.

I have already got the buy cheap buy twice t-shirt. Sony have got two one is bluetooth (which is the newer version) and the other older model is a wired version. Been looking at both so will go with one or the other, just want something that just works well.

There are 2 Sony Bluetooth releases.

Back