Shutterstock rejected this image 3 times????

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Posting on here to seek advice before contacted Shutterstock.

I'm annoyed. Changed the tags and title of this image 3 times and it's still been rejected?

Reason is : Title / Keyword Trademark: Title and/or keywords contain trademark issues (e.g. brand name, company name, etc).

Now the thing is that I searched for the same type of images and some say 'Tarbert Castle' within the title of the image and they've been accepted?
I don't include the words 'Tarbert' or 'Tarbert Castle' in the tags.

View from Tarbert Castle by Daelpix Photography, on Flickr

Branding on the rucksack?

Impossible to tell what you've done unless you post the keywords & title on here.

PS: Castle only has one 'l'.

Yes rucksack. Sticks out like a sore thumb!

+1 for sure

And also this is an obvious HDR (why???) with ghosting issues visible even at flickr size. This is a low dynamic range scene that would be handled well enough by a compact. But frankly I wouldn't give them anything better for what they pay.

I'll see what I can do with the logo, but I only use LR, so might be difficult.

Yes rucksack. Sticks out like a sore thumb!

I couldn't tell you what brand that is on the rucksack to be honest, its totally illegible. Must be my poor eyesight, either that or you've never actually had a sore thumb. :rolleyes: ;)

Also quite often buildings in view need permission to be used?
That’s a good point, though it says “from” the castle the name is still being used. Maybe re-title it as “view of” whatever bay/estuary it is.

I'm probably completely wrong, but...

The image on Flickr has in its EXIF:
'Keywords - 5D' and 'Subject - 5D'

I'd imagine "5D" is a trademarked name.

However, I'd assume you probably have ensured that the image you're actually submitting does not contain this info - I'd also assume you fully populate the EXIF keywords and title sections with fully relevent terms before submitting to a library in order to assist searchability of the image.
(Please note that my knowledge of submitting images to libraries is close to zero.)

Just a thought.

I had a defocused flower and building shot rejected. They said buildings need a release form with them to show permission. Even though it was Hapton Court Palace in bokeh in the background!!

How does a building sign its release form, "A building"? Arse coverers, is this how we got were we are?

The clue is in the reason given. Keyword trademark/keywords contain trademark issues (eg brand name company name etc)
It’s nothing to do with the castle or rucksack but the name Canon. Delete it from the keywords and resubmit. If you look on Canon website they actually say :-

”Canon” and Canon product and services names published on this website are the Trademark or Registered Trademark of Canon. and/or other members on the Canon Group.

I would clone out the lettering on the top of the rucksack as well and clear up the dust spots in the sky.

The clue is in the reason given. Keyword trademark/keywords contain trademark issues (eg brand name company name etc)
It’s nothing to do with the castle or rucksack but the name Canon. Delete it from the keywords and resubmit. If you look on Canon website they actually say :-

”Canon” and Canon product and services names published on this website are the Trademark or Registered Trademark of Canon. and/or other members on the Canon Group.

I would clone out the lettering on the top of the rucksack as well and clear up the dust spots in the sky.

I doubt very much it’s the word Canon. Whilst it may be a registered trademark, it’s also a word in the English dictionary.

I have no doubt it’s the branding on the rucksack “PACE”

Reason is : Title / Keyword Trademark: Title and/or keywords contain trademark issues (e.g. brand name, company name, etc).

I don't think it is the rucksack. The rucksack is a picture made up of pixels.

The OP is talking about "Title" and "Keyword" both of which use words made up of text, found in the properties box of a file, or found in the EXIF.

@Dael_Pix: As you've tried to sort it out three times, I think you should send an email to them, and (nicely) enquiry what have they found that you could not find.

I honestly haven't done anything with the image.

Considering that "Tarbert Castle" and "Tarbert" are mentioned in other images taken by other people, I doubt it's that.

I'm leaving it. Thanks for the input everyone. Much appreciated.

I honestly haven't done anything with the image.

Considering that "Tarbert Castle" and "Tarbert" are mentioned in other images taken by other people, I doubt it's that.

I'm leaving it. Thanks for the input everyone. Much appreciated.
FFS you really have got a bit of an ‘information filter’ going on haven’t you.

You made an assumption that the problem was ‘Tarbert’ and everyone has told you the problem is either the logo or the fact it says ‘Canon’ in the metadata, and you’re still clinging to your assumption. Despite the fact that absolutely no one else has supported that assumption and as you say there are other similar images of the castle on Shutterstock.

Why do you ask questions here? I have never witnessed you acknowledging an answer or taking any resulting advice.

ignore this message... irrelevant post.

Last edited:
No.... this has been rejected becauseof keywording

Back