Shuttleworth

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a very hot afternoon at the Military Pageant Air Day at Old Warden.

Suffered my usual panning problems, and managed to over exposure most of my shots:bang:, but I'm reasonably happy with these. (Thanks Photoshop!)

4251_R1.jpg
[/IMG]
4001_R1.jpg
[/IMG]
4095_R1.jpg
[/IMG]
4199_R2.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice and sharp, so you must be getting the hang of the panning :)

I'd like to see a little more blur to the props but that will come with practice though, maybe also back off the saturation on the greens for the landing spit too.....looks a bit over cooked.

Nice set though all the same (y)

I love the top bi-plane (y)
Just a minor critique, I also thing the grass is a tad "un-natural" but a quick fiddle should soon sort that out, though.

Nice set. As Dod said, I think a slightly slower shutter speed would help with prop blur. I struggled with some of the older stuff at Shuttleworth as the props seem to be quite slow.

Think the first two of the biplanes work well as you can see the pilot. On a personal level, I prefer to see the plane heading towards the camera a bit rather than away. Looks less like you missed it then...

nice stuff, do like seeing the old birds. panning looks okay, but will get better when you slow up a bit.:clap:
Dean:)

Perhaps Dod mentioned it in another aviation/transport thread. That would be my only suggestion. other than that good shots, aircraft is well exposed, shame the weather wasn't better to get nice clear skies.

Nice and sharp, so you must be getting the hang of the panning :)

I'd like to see a little more blur to the props but that will come with practice though, maybe also back off the saturation on the greens for the landing spit too.....looks a bit over cooked.

Nice set though all the same (y)

Thanks.:) These were among the best - had some really fuzzy images too but that's the beauty of digital.:naughty:
Had to do quite a bit of first aid due to the overexposure, hence the astro-turf look! I'll give that a go.

I love the top bi-plane (y)
Just a minor critique, I also thing the grass is a tad "un-natural" but a quick fiddle should soon sort that out, though.

Big thanks.:) My favourite too I think. As above, I'll play around and see if I can sort it.

Nice set. As Dod said, I think a slightly slower shutter speed would help with prop blur. I struggled with some of the older stuff at Shuttleworth as the props seem to be quite slow.

Think the first two of the biplanes work well as you can see the pilot. On a personal level, I prefer to see the plane heading towards the camera a bit rather than away. Looks less like you missed it then...

Thanks v. much.:)
I guess I'll need to steady my panning at a slower shutter speed, but I'll have a go at prop blur next time.
Really enjoyed the whole Shuttleworth thing. RIAT is great, but there's something nice about the smaller scale.

nice stuff, do like seeing the old birds. panning looks okay, but will get better when you slow up a bit.:clap:
Dean:)

Thanks, I'm looking forward to having another go.

Perhaps Dod mentioned it in another aviation/transport thread. That would be my only suggestion. other than that good shots, aircraft is well exposed, shame the weather wasn't better to get nice clear skies.

Nuff sun already thanks..:nuts:....:LOL:

:ty:

Back