Siberian Huskie - looks like a wolf... or so I am told!

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Jen & I were out walking our pups the other evening when we spotted someone walking their gorgeous Siberian Huskie. I asked if I could take a few shots (as one does, getting braver you see!!) and when I took a look at one in particular within Lightroom it struck me how similar this was to a wolf. Someone who also looked at the image also suggested this and in fact asked was it a wolf!!

Here's the b&w image, and following this, a different colour one of this beautiful dog.

As usual - all comments most welcome.

p12205156.jpg

p202372797.jpg

Love the first one... top stuff.

Found this on wikipedia: "They [Siberian Huskies] tend to have a wolf-like appearance. Though the breed is not related to the wolf any closer than any other breed of dog, it is thought they maintained this appearance through isolated breeding of Siberia."

Is the dog blind or was that the flash?..its eyes look like they have cattaracts*(spelling)
Beautifull dog though and fair play for asking to take pics.

Stuart

No flash used, so I guess they are perhaps cataracts and perhaps the dog is blind(ish).

gorgeous dog, looks like he/she is old though as like stuart said it looks like its got cataracts (can never spell that word). has the owner seen these pics? i bet theyd be really pleased with how they turned out

Thanks Sarah - I mentioned my new site to the owner and asked her permission to upload any pics I took to it - she agreed. So, she may have seen it, not sure.

This is the only thing about Zenfolio, there's no function for visitors to leave feedback or comments to any pics.... yet!!

They really are beautiful dogs. My college photographer tutor has one and would bring him in on a weekend (shh.. don't tell the caretaker ;) ).

Back