Sick Sigma - Update

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst using my Sigma 105mm today it suddenly started vibrating noisily when I turned the camera off. When I turned it back on, it vibrated again and won't autofocus. The camera is set up with AF as default, but the camera is switching on in MF mode and I can't change it to AF. When I changed lenses it was fine but when I put the Sigma back on it vibrated again and would come out of MF, so it definitely seems to be the lens. Looks like it will have to go back (Only a few months old so still in warranty). Should I send it back to Warehouse Express or contact Sigma direct?

service@sigma-imaging-uk.com
Telephone: 01707 329999

Postal Address:
Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd.
13 Little Mundells
Welwyn Garden City
Hertfordshire
AL7 1 EW

Fax 01707 327822

:)

Thanks guys, will give them a call later today.

Whilst using my Sigma 105mm today it suddenly started vibrating noisily when I turned the camera off. When I turned it back on, it vibrated again and won't autofocus. The camera is set up with AF as default, but the camera is switching on in MF mode and I can't change it to AF. When I changed lenses it was fine but when I put the Sigma back on it vibrated again and would come out of MF, so it definitely seems to be the lens. Looks like it will have to go back (Only a few months old so still in warranty). Should I send it back to Warehouse Express or contact Sigma direct?

Oh dear! :eek:
A700 focus motor 1 - Sigma plastic focus gears 0?

Would you believe it, couldn't find the receipt anywhere. Phoned Warehouse Express and there wasn't a problem, they gave me a reference number and I have to send it to them and they will send it to Sigma. Only downside is it'll probably take longer to get it back to me.

Anyone know on average roughly how long these things take?

For Jessops, it's about a 4 week turnaround.

Basically, we take in the faulty item, and it has to be despatched within 3 days of receipt (to allow for weekends where there are no deliveries).
Then it is sent to head office, where I assume it is sorted, and it most likely sits there for 3 days. Takes a day to get to sigma, a week to get it fixed/replaced and sent back out, and a week to get back from sigma, to head office, to the store it was sent to.
I would assume it would be a quicker process with warehouse express since it's probably only one warehouse, but I would still expect about a 3 week turnaround time.

Thanks for the info FP. Next paid job is in 2 weeks so doesn't look like I'll have it by then, will have to use an alternative.

I sent mine direct to sigma, and when I phoned today, they said 6-8 weeks because its super busy :(

I sent my old 17-35mm to sigma for an aperture repair... was back within a week and they cleaned the optics (clean anyway) and did a calibration which was nice :)

:razz:

When you send the lens back be sure and stress that you need it back in two weeks and make sure they know it's an urgent repair ;)

:razz:

When you send the lens back be sure and stress that you need it back in two weeks and make sure they know it's an urgent repair ;)

The wink emoticon tells me that is tongue in cheek, but dare I hope?:eek:

While your lens is away you need not be without one ... a forum member here offers lenses for rent at really good prices :thinking:

You can ask them to mark it as urgent ;) Doesn't help when they can't figure out what's wrong with it and send it to Japan though!

Back