Side flash mount...how??!!

• Thread starter englandshottest2
  • Start date
E

englandshottest2

Hi all.... have seen these devices in which you can mount your flash gun to the side of your cam
:bang: :bonk: (not sure of the exact term for one, but you see them used alot by paparazzi)... I think this would be fab addition to my kit but I don't think Canon makes one???
Anybody who knows of one safely compatible with a Canon DSLR & 430EX flashgun, would be most appreciated if you'd mention!

Thanxx~

Loads of peeps make them, and some clever ones flip up to make sure your flash is in the right spot whether it's portrait or landscape format - I assume you're talking about a 'Flash Bracket'?

You will need a Canon lead to link your camera to the flash though

If you're going, I'd wait now for Expo - I picked mine up there last year for £15 down from £45 -tis truly fab and useful for Macro work too

DD

Loads of peeps make them, and some clever ones flip up to make sure your flash is in the right spot whether it's portrait or landscape format - I assume you're talking about a 'Flash Bracket'?

You will need a Canon lead to link your camera to the flash though

If you're going, I'd wait now for Expo - I picked mine up there last year for £15 down from £45 -tis truly fab and useful for Macro work too

DD

Yeah, that's just the name of what I'm after- thanx! found some now, canon does make one and comes with sync lead, etc. cheers!

How can they justify £129 for the flash bracket and the off camera cord, when you can get the cable for £35 and a straight bar for £9!!!!!

"If anyone can mark up....Canon can!!!!!!"

Carl.

Manfrotto do a really nice bracket - its bigger than many and lets you move the flash further away. It's the MN233B - I use that with a Canon Off Camera Cord 2.

Much cheaper option might be to buy the Jessop TTL off camera sync lead (34 quid) & and a straight flash bracket (5 quid).

that lead is jessops branded so I got mine saturday with 25% off using the amazing macro tube thread's code JESODHSC25 ;)

Hi all.... have seen these devices in which you can mount your flash gun to the side of your cam
metz45 cl4 flashgun - on fleabay for ~£75 works like a dream.....

How can they justify £129 for the flash bracket and the off camera cord, when you can get the cable for £35 and a straight bar for £9!!!!!

"If anyone can mark up....Canon can!!!!!!"

Carl.

There looks to be a little bit more to the Canon bracket than the very cheap ones, mainly in that the Canon has a bolt that screws into the side of a 580EX so your not just relying on the hotshoe mount to fix the flash to bracket.

Still at £90 just for the bracket it's expensive.

Back