Side lit Daff

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Shot on the kitchen table - Godox flash 45 degrees in front and 45 degree high, fired with the X Pro trigger - Sony a7Riv and Sony 90mm macro lens hand held

Does it work ?

XJaV4Tx.jpg

Thanks for looking

Les :)

Not for me sorry...
All subjective ,but for me personally,
there is too much light in some places and not enough in others.

As presented it looks just a little over-sharpened, and the highlights seema little harsh. Otherwise yes, it work. (y) .

Thanks all- No sharpening on this image :)

The harsh light was a natural light source - window in the kitchen ( edited)

I'll give it another go using a studio head and soft box

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Les.

I don't know about you but I find yellow flowers a bit of a pain to photograph the yellow always seems over powering and no matter what I do in post it never feels quite right.

Liking the above photo as mentioned it does look very sharp. I guess that is just down to very good/modern camera equipment.

Am I missing something or are you trying to confuse me ;-) as you stated lite with Godox flash in kitchen then later say natural light in Bedroom?

Gaz

Hi Les.

I don't know about you but I find yellow flowers a bit of a pain to photograph the yellow always seems over powering and no matter what I do in post it never feels quite right.

Liking the above photo as mentioned it does look very sharp. I guess that is just down to very good/modern camera equipment.

Am I missing something or are you trying to confuse me ;-) as you stated lite with Godox flash in kitchen then later say natural light in Bedroom?

Gaz

Sorry Gaz, I was confusing 2 different images- shot under a Kitchen window and the Godox was used as a fill mate :)

Sony 90mm f2.8 macro lens is very, very sharp that's why I bought one

Sorry again for the confusion mate

@Lez325 :)

I forgive you pal..........

I struggle with the term "fill" maybe thats because I generaly use one light plus a reflector. It is only recently that I have ventured into adding a little light to the background.

Little steps..........

Gaz

@Lez325 :)

I forgive you pal..........

I struggle with the term "fill" maybe thats because I generaly use one light plus a reflector. It is only recently that I have ventured into adding a little light to the background.

Little steps..........

Gaz

Fill, for me Gaz is adding a little light to fill in shadows etc- maybe wrong but that how I determine the word FILL when referring to lighting and Photography

Back