Sierra de Grazalema - stitched panorama

Edit My Images
Yes
My first time out with my Canon 17-85mm, and my first real go at a multi-shot panorama. This is a composite of 20 different frames. It was taken while walking in the hills above Grazalema, in Andalucia, Spain.

C&C welcome.

20090215-Composite-0002.jpg

It would be nice to see a bit more on either side of the mountain.

You can't win can you - give them 20 frames and what do they want? Even more! :LOL:

I think it's a pretty good stitch-up although there is a stange narrow inverted V dead centre - coincidence? I think I know what the previous crits were saying though, because my initial feeling was that there was no real point of interest. However, the longer I've looked at it, the more it has grown on me and now I like it a lot. I think the line of the road is hugely important, drawing the eye and echoing the line of the ridge.

I would be very happy to have it in my photobook "My Trip to Andalucia" (if I had one ;)).

Thanks for the comments everyone.

@Rich: yes, I agree about needing more either side, but I guess it's always the way that you come back thinking 'I wish I'd taken one more shot on each side'...

@Jayst84: In fairness, there was a fairly enormous amount of overlap between the frames - I was a bit paranoid about missing something in the middle - so I probably took far more than I needed to.

@Norseman: I've pixel-peeped the area you've mentioned (full resolution is 13425x3910, by the way...) and I can't spot a discontinuity. I'm glad you like the composition - I agree that it wouldn't work without the road.

I've put a more detailed version up on the web - access it here

As an aside, this was a day trip into the hills; 'My Trip to Andalucia' is about 14 months long - I'm at a flying school in Jerez de la Frontera training to be a pilot. Hopefully I'll get a chance at some point to go back and have another attempt at this!

Back