Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6 HSM

Edit My Images
No
Does anyone rate this lens?

I'm considering purchasing one for my D40 and was wondering if there is a better equivalent for similar money?

Anyone got any sample shots with it?

Would be used for landscape/scenary pics...

I do have a sigma 30mm F1.4 HSM. Do you think a 10-20mm is required?

Any advice appreciated.

Why do you want a 10mm, that is the question you need to ask yourself?

I had one and sold it as I grew to dislike the distortion on landscapes.................JMO.

I've got this lens, is yours the 'EX' version?

Its a great lens, for landscape, open/wide indoor, experimental shots.

Lots of people on here have this lens.

Look at Petemc's gallery/website as he uses his a lot!!!

Yes it would be the ex version. Distortion thought etc is also getting to me.

I can't get my head around the F4-5.6. Isn't this quite poor or is it not noticed with a 10-20mm lens?

Why do you want a 10mm, that is the question you need to ask yourself?

I had one and sold it as I grew to dislike the distortion on landscapes.................JMO.

I hate to say this, but :agree: :shake:

Having said that, a lot of people like the "converging verticals effect" you get when shooting architecture. I'm not one of them.

Does anyone rate this lens?

I'm considering purchasing one for my D40 and was wondering if there is a better equivalent for similar money?

Anyone got any sample shots with it?

Would be used for landscape/scenary pics...

I do have a sigma 30mm F1.4 HSM. Do you think a 10-20mm is required?

Any advice appreciated.

I love mine for landscapes, I do try to avoid distorted verticals as I am not a fan, but I don't mind converging perspectives when they look realistic or used for a particular effect. If the verticals annoy me too much then I sort them out in Photoshop.
Here is one I took with it. http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=893988&postcount=1
and here is another one which was just for fun.
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=920003&postcount=1

I have this lens and quite like it although it's not an 'everyday' lens by any means. Here's a couple of mine with it....

p762765776-4.jpg

p811162176-4.jpg

i was going to get one for the d40, but am selling the nikon.

however, would want to get a similar version for which ever body/ brand i get next (probably sony).

from what i have read, if you want wide angle and at a lower budget, this is a good lens

Back