SIGMA 10-20 VERSUS TAMRON 11-18

Name
Mervyn
Edit My Images
Yes
Which would you go for on a D300 or should I stick with nikon lenses. The 12-24 is very dear:bang::bonk:

i'm happy with the sigma i've got, if you're not going for constant aperture it's a decent lens.

the only thing i'd say to think about is as you're after a wide angle lens in particular wouldn't you want to go as wide as possible considering you're on a crop sensor? otherwise you're just creeping closer to the 17-18mm standard of a lot of lenses

Tokina 12-24mm. ;)

Is the 12-24 much better than the 11-16 Tokina?? The 11-16 was going to be my next lens purchase after reading such good reviews on it after originally looking for a Sigma 10-20.

Is the 12-24 much better than the 11-16 Tokina?? The 11-16 was going to be my next lens purchase after reading such good reviews on it after originally looking for a Sigma 10-20.

The 11-16 is apparently better, and a stop faster, although it is joked it is more of a prime than a zoom.:LOL:

Sorry for slight thread hijack - but does anyone know when the new Sigma 10-20 f3.5 is due out?
Suspect it'll be out of my price range but very tempted by it.

Go for the Siggy!! but only if you can't run to the Nikon.

Paul

:plus1: for the Sigma.
I bought one recently and I cannot tell you how utterly amazing it is.
I was very surprised at just how sharp it is, even wide open.
I LOVE mine to bits, and it is without doubt my best purchase yet.

The reviews I read sided toward the Sigma......

The Tokina 11-16mm is a fantastic lens, I upgraded from a D300 to a D700 ant the Tokina works fine as a 16mm lens on the D700

Back